HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION B
85) It is important to record vital signs in the medical chart. Where would be the appropriate place to document them?
A) demographic sheet
C) face sheet
D) social history
60) You need to get a referral for a patient, what is one thing that must be done?
A) have the patient take care of it
B) write an order
C) fill out a health care referral form
D) have the physician take care of it
92) This is a program that tells the computer how to properly run the software and hardware together. Windows and Macintosh are the two most popular. What is this called?
A) mother board
D) operating system
99) You are using the computer and it locks up. You can perform a keyboard command to start the task manager. What is it?
100) If you are unsure how to use a new software program, something that could be beneficial is the use of what?
A) trial and error
C) ask your boss
D) don't use it
55) What managed care organization contracts with a network of health care providers to render services to its members?
A) Health savings account
B) Preferred provider organization (PPO)
C) Utilization review (UR)
D) Health maintenance organization (HMO)
69) What are the five phases of the record life cycle?
A) development, use, maintenance, retention, and disposition
B) creation, utilization, maintenance, keep, and disposition
C) creation, use, maintenance, retention, and disposition
D) creation, deploy, maintenance, retention, and disposition
91) If a patient has 20/30 vision what does this mean?
A) 30 feet from the chart
B) the patient standing 30 feet away can see what a patient with normal vision can see standing
C) the patient standing 20 feet away can see what a patient with normal vision can see standing
D) 20 feet from the chart
E) this is normal vision
F) 20 feet from the chart
G) the patient standing 20 feet away can see what a patient with normal vision can see standing
52) What is the amount the physician owes to others for equipment and services?
A) accounts receivable
C) collection ratio
D) accounts payable
87) What would be considered the most accurate site for taking temperature?
84) It is important when you are measuring vital signs that you do which of the following?
A) ensure that all equipment for measuring vital signs is in proper working condition
B) take the temperature in the rectal route at all times
C) tell the patient that you are taking respirations
D) take pulse for 10 seconds only
90) What type of chart is frequently utilized to test vision?
82) What is one item that would be in a patient's medical history?
A) phone number
B) social security number
C) past history (PH)
94) What is the health information system in which physicians can enter orders electronically?
81) What is the main focus of medical asepsis?
A) prevent the spread of organisms from one patient to another
B) destroy all microorganisms in the medical setting.
C) prevent any microorganism from coming in contact with the patient
D) prevent the spread of communicable disease in the community
51) A Medical Assistant needs to reconcile a bank deposit at the end of the day. Which action is appropriate?
A) make sure the total of the checks and cash equal the deposit slip amount
B) make sure credit card details are included
C) add your own money if it is "off"
D) copy all claims amounts and attach
86) If a person has just exercised, what should you do related to taking BP?
A) wait 5 minutes
B) wait 1 hour
C) wait 30 minutes
D) go ahead and take it
93) What key is used to switch between uppercase and lowercase letters?
B) space bar
D) caps lock
57) A patient has Medicare Part B, which of the following would be covered?
A) home health care
B) physician office visit
C) hospital charges
68) Which of the following chronological filing systems can be either a manual or electronic system?
73) What is the study of the relationship of factors determining frequency & distribution of disease?
89) A patient is apprehensive due to a blood draw that will be performed. What should the Medical Assistant do?
A) ask the physician to speak to them
B) disregard the order, they don't need the blood work anyway
C) tell them they are acting like a child
D) provide reassurance
97) What is a program that allows you to find information on the Internet rapidly and effectively?
A) search engine
64) What are the daily chart notes taken at the time of the patient's visit to a clinic?
A) face sheet
B) history and physical
C) progress notes
D) nurse's notes
53) You are needing to pay for postage to mail items from the office. It would be appropriate to pay for this using what?
B) charge card
C) purchase order
D) petty cash
71) With this type of medical record format, forms and records are organized by departments or units (i.e., all laboratory, x-ray, nurses' notes, and physician's progress notes are separated). This is known as what?
72) At the completion of the hand washing procedure, it is recommended that the water be turned off in which of the following ways and why?
A) with your clean hand to keep it clean
B) with a wet paper towel to clean it off
C) with a dry paper towel to prevent contaminating hands with pathogens from the faucet
D) with a dry paper towel to get splashes of dirty water off the faucet
59) The ICD-9 code 486 is used for what?
B) rhinitis, chronic
C) pneumonia, unspec.
88) Healthy individuals usually have a pulse oximetry reading in which range?
67) What is the step called that is used when records can be stored in more than one location in the filing system?
A) unit numbering
B) serial numbering
C) master patient index
74) The use of universal precautions are measures to reduce the risk of disease transmission by contact with what?
A) by blood and body fluids from all patients
B) by blood and body fluids from patients who are suspected by medical staff of being infectious
C) through infected blood only
D) used only when a patients' HIV status is documented
95) What is the machine that can turn paper based records into digital images for computerized health records?
56) What is the U.S. government health insurance program for which persons aged 65 and over and others with special conditions are eligible?
63) What is the unique number assigned to each patient in a health care system, which will be used for the rest of the patient's encounters?
A) master record number
B) patient account number
C) medical record number
D) master patient index
96) What is a portable, small storage device that plugs into the USB port?
A) flash drive
B) hard drive
C) floppy disk
D) disk drive
62) What is the term used to denote the amount the patient pays for health care expenses before insurance?
C) flex spending account
61) A patient comes to the medical office inquiring about the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) he/she received. Which one of the following is included on all EOB's?
B) social security number
C) medical billing codes
66) You are going to file medical records with the following names: (1) McDonald, Ronald, (2) MacDonald, Ronny, (3) McDonald, Renaldo, and (4)MacDonald, Reggie. What is the proper order for filing these records?
A) (1), (2), (3), and (4)
B) (2), (3), (4), and (1)
C) (4),(2), (3), and (1)
D) (3), (4), (2), and (1)
70) What is the procedure that ensures that active files and documents are accounted for?
79) What is the main reason a Medical Assistant should not wear jewelry or rings, other than plain wedding band ?
A) a stone from the ring could be lost
B) rings can harbor pathogenic organisms
C) the brilliance is dulled by using lotions
D) it is a traditional custom
75) The blood borne pathogen standard utilized by health care settings is under the direct regulation of who?
What is your name?
78) What kind of environment does bacteria grow best in?
A) dry, warm, dark places
B) cool, dry, light places
C) cool, moist, dark places
D) moist, warm, dark places
98) What is the file that is included with an email to be opened by the user?
54) Which law allows for collection of taxes to fund state government programs?
A) Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA)
B) Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA)
C) IPERS (Iowa Public Employees Retirement System (IPERS)
D) Federal Employee Tax Agency (FETA)
76) What is the proper technique for disposing of items contaminated with blood?
A) leak proof bag with biohazard symbol
B) melt away bag
D) trash can
65) When coding from a medical record you should first check this form, which contains basic patient identification data, insurance information, and sometimes, clinical data-such as the admitting and final diagnosis?
A) history and physical
B) discharge summary
C) face sheet
D) progress note
58) If a physician has to obtain approval from your health care providerbefore prescribing a specific medication or to perform a particular operation, this is known as what?
A) assignment of benefits
B) evidence of benefits
C) encounter form
D) prior authorization
83) What order is the correct way to record vital signs in the patient record?
A) it does not matter what order you put them in
80) What is the most important way to control the spread of infection?
A) follow principles of surgical asepsis
B) wash hands between patients and when contaminated
C) use only sterile items or supplies for the resident
D) give an antibiotic drug to kill microorganisms
77) Which of the following best describes a Health Acquired Infection (HAI)?
A) results from an extended urinary tract infection
B) symptoms are the same as for the common cold
C) infections with no known cure
D) results from the delivery of health services in a health care facility
picked up in the facility
Send me a copy of my responses.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service