ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI PARISH | ALTAR SERVER'S APPLICATION FORM
Thank you for your interest in being an Altar Server at St. Francis of Assisi Parish!
An Altar Server is one of the ministries of the Church in which his/her primary role is to assist the priest in celebrating the liturgy during Mass.
What are the requirements/qualifications?
1. A candidate must be an active member of the parish.
2. He/She must be in 5th Grade or higher.
3. He/She must have received First Holy Communion.
4. He/She must have a desire to serve at the altar of the Lord.
5. He/She must complete the altar server training.
6. If a server cannot fulfill his/her assignment, the server is responsible for finding a substitute and informing the Altar Server coordinator of the absence and the substitute's name.
7. Altar servers must arrive at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the Mass.
There is no upper limit age for altar servers. You are encouraged in your ministry through high school and even beyond.
Altar Server communications are done via email as much as possible. Please provide an email address that will be check regularly below: