Call to POPs Artists for Exhibit in May, 2020: "From Breakers to Bay and Beyond"
"Peninsula Outdoor Painters 2020: From Breakers to Bay and Beyond”
POPs Artists will have an opportunity to show their recent work that explores a variety of landscapes from the breakers of the Pacific Ocean to San Francisco Bay and beyond. A “POPs Artist" is an artist who is on POPs current email distribution list.
This Exhibit will be held in the beautiful, historic Twin Pines Art Center, 10 Twin Pines Lane, Belmont, CA 94002.
Jan. 15, - Mar 16: On-line Registration.
May 11, 11 am – 1 pm: Drop off paintings at Twin Pines Art Center. The Exhibit will be hung that day.
May 13 - May 31: Show open to the public. NOTE: The Art Center is open Wed - Fri, 12 pm – 4 pm and Sat - Sun, 1 pm - 4pm.
May 17, 2 pm – 4 pm: Artists’ Reception.
June 1, 11 am – 1 pm: Pick up paintings. There are no storage facilities, so all work must be picked up on this date.
1) 25 registered artists can each display two Wall Paintings. Maximum dimensions, landscape or portrait format, 24” x 30”, including frame; maximum weight 5 lbs. 15 registered artists can each display one Tabletop Painting. Maximum dimensions, landscape or portrait format, 13” x 16”, including frame and table display stand. Artists must provide their own stands for tabletop paintings. The stand must be sufficiently stable to support the painting.
2) Studio and plein air paintings are welcome including oil, acrylic, watercolor and pastel. No digital media, photographs or reproductions, such as giclee prints.
3) To register, complete the online Registration Form. Use button at bottom of page. An email confirmation will be sent.
4) Artists will be registered in the order their registration form is received. If the maximum number of paintings is not submitted by the time registration closes, registered artists may be given the option of submitting additional paintings.
5) A registration fee of $5 per painting will be payable when paintings are delivered on May 11. This fee will cover costs associated with PR, some refreshments, such as wine, water, and incidentals related to the Reception.
6) Registered artists may NOT submit substitute paintings after they have registered.
DISPLAY AND FRAMING
- All work must be ready to hang with picture wire and D-rings.
- Watercolor and pastels must be framed with glass or plexiglas.
- Canvas boards/panels must be framed; gallery wrapped canvas need not be framed. The edges of unframed canvases must be finished with paint, tape, etc.
- Each painting must be labeled on the back with the artist's name, email address, title of painting, medium, unframed size and price. Tabletop stands must be labeled with the artist’s initials.
- The Exhibit Committee will prepare display labels for each painting.
SALES & SHOW ARRANGEMENTS
1) In order to facilitate sales, a list of artists' email addresses/contact information will be available in the Exhibit Binder. Artists are welcome to leave business cards as well. Artists may submit an artist statement/biographic information for inclusion in the Exhibit Binder. The artist statement/bio cannot exceed one 8.5” x 11”, two-sided sheet. Please bring this information when you deliver your painting.
2) In order to encourage sales, registered artists may be asked to volunteer as docents at the Art Center.
3) All paintings must be displayed until the end of the Exhibit. If a potential buyer wants to buy a painting, the Art Center will contact the artist. The Art Center does not take a commission on sales, i.e., all proceeds from the sale go to the artist.
Registered artists may provide their own insurance.
4) POPs will have the final say in the placement of work.
1) POPs will prepare publicity about the Exhibit and will ask registered artists to distribute postcards about the Exhibit.
2) Artists who would like to have their paintings considered for promotional materials should indicate that option on the Registration Form and attach one JPG of each piece to
The JPG should be high quality, i.e., 300 dpi, cropped and print-ready. Please attach your JPG to an e-mail message. Do NOT put it in the body of the message.
Artists are encouraged to invite guests, attend the Reception on May 17 from 2 - 4 PM and bring a sweet or savory food item.
ONCE YOU REGISTER
Artists will receive a confirmation email and these instructions (above) as an attachment. Please print these for your own records.
Questions? Please contact
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service