Parsons Scholars Program Application 2015-16
Applications are due October 30th, 2015 at 8PM
**Please refer to the Info Worksheet on our website before applying**
It is required for all applicants to attend one info and one studio session.
Application support will be provided at all sessions.
**JUST ADDED - FINAL INFO/STUDIO SESSION**
If you have not been able to attend an info session and/or the studio session, please attend the final opportunity to do so this weekend.
Saturday October 24, 2015
University Center, Room502
*Metrocards will be provided for your return trip. Email us if you would like to pick up a Metrocard before the info session. (
Trains: 4/5/6/L/N/Q/R to 14th st/ Union Square. F/L/M to 14th st/Sixth Ave.
*All eligible applicants will be called for in-person interviews, which will be held on-site at Parsons between November 1 and November 15.
**This application consists of 6 pages, and will not be accepted until complete.
It must be completed in one sitting, and you will not be able to make changes once you hit "submit".
To preview questions, enter "TEST" to continue viewing pages, but DO NOT HIT SUBMIT at the end unless you are ready to submit.
WHAT IS THE PARSONS SCHOLARS PROGRAM?
The Parsons Scholars Program is a 2.5-year need-based scholarship program for highly motivated New York City public school students interested in art and design study. Accepted students apply in 10th grade and participate through 12th grade.
Students have the opportunity to explore a wide variety of studio subjects to gain skills and knowledge that will help them gain admission and be successful in colleges of art and design. Students earn 6 college credits and a Pre-College certificate from Parsons upon successful completion of the Parsons Scholars Program. In addition to these classes, students participate in workshops and field trips to gain exposure to art & design fields. During the fall and spring semesters, programming is held on Saturdays from 9am- 5pm. During the summer, students are enrolled in a rigorous, two to four-week intensive course that meets daily from 9am to 4pm. Attendance to all programming is mandatory.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
• Tuition to Parsons pre-college courses**
• Art supplies for courses taken
• Transportation to & from class and events
• Lunch after Saturday classes
• 6 college credits
• Guidance through the college application process
• Support from College Mentors, Tutors and Academic Advisors
**This is a college prep program and not a college scholarship
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF PARSONS SCHOLARS?
• Full and on-time attendance to ALL classes, workshops, field trips and events
• Active participation in all classes and timely completion of all in and out of class assignments
• Monthly meetings with your advisor
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
• 10th graders from NYC public schools
• Students who demonstrate financial need (as determined by NY state HEOP and Free/Reduced Lunch)
• Students with a strong interest and commitment to art & design studies and obtaining a higher education in art & design
• Students in need of art & design opportunities and guidance through the college application process
• Students maintaining a C average or higher
The Parsons Scholars Program uses general income guidelines established by the NY State Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP):
Household Size/ Total Annual Income
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for the Parsons Scholars Program, submit this online application* by Friday, October 30th, 2015 at 8pm.
*A letter of recommendation & essay also need to be emailed to
by this date.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS please contact us at 212.229.8933 (dial 3) or
Before beginning the application, please use the Info Worksheet to prepare answers for all questions regarding your interests and experience.
The Info Worksheet can be downloaded on our website. Applications are due Friday October 30th. Your application will not be considered complete until you submit ALL components.
I am ready to continue and am eligible to apply (as a 10th grader attending a NYC public school).
I will come back at another time, or am not eligible (not a 10th grader, or do not attend a NYC public school).
Page 1 of 10
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of newschool.edu.