1) Before applying, please review the Terms of Reference (TORs) for participation in this Stakeholder Steering Committee:
2) The criteria for participation in the Committee are:
a) You work or volunteer for a civil society organization, academic institution, diaspora organization, migrant organization, national human rights institution, or private sector entity.
b) You are officially authorized by the organization / entity that you work or volunteer for to represent that organization / entity in this process.
c) You are able and available to comply with all of the TORs for the Selection Committee.
d) You have excellent competency with the issues outlined in the event information at the link above, experience with presenting such issues in public, and demonstrated ability to engage constructively with a variety of stakeholders.
e) You can speak English, or arrange for translation of materials and calls from English to your language.
3) If you are interested in applying to be a member of the Selection Committee, and meet all criteria above, please complete all fields below in this online form.
4) All fields marked with an * in the form below are required. If your form does not go through when you press submit, it is because you left a required field blank.
1) Members of the Committee cannot be considered for the speaking roles to be filled through Steering Committee work.
2) Travel funding will NOT be provided. All work can be conducted via online collaboration tools and conference calls.
UN-NGLS, UN DESA, UNU, UN Global Compact, and OHCHR, with the support of IOM, and in collaboration with the Office of the President of the General Assembly, will review all applications and select the members for the Committee, ensuring regional, gender and age balance, and a diversity of expertise.
To apply to attend the first Thematic Session of the preparatory process, please visit:
Thank you for your interest in this process.