Please apply if:-You are committed to growing a business and plan to be at The Foundry at least 10 hours a week-You are passionate about education and mentorship and would be open to teaching in our youth or adult programs (this is a good way to make extra money and/or get your business name out there)
Do not apply if: -You are looking for storage space-You are looking for art studio space (not interested in running your business)-You are not looking to engage with The Foundry community
Here is what The Foundry is currently offering to its residents:
Private work space with wifi and security systemBusiness assistance (planning, financial literacy, etc)Skill-shares, Discount to classesMonthly open-house, opportunity to demonstrate what you doMember of the Resident Committee (help select incoming residents)Shared woodshop, tech shop and textile studio accessConference room outfitted for meetings/office workMail service
The following outlines the process of either acceptance or decline when we have space available:
1. Your application will be reviewed by the Resident Committee and The Foundry Staff.
2. Notification of review. Depending on if we have space and a number of other factors, you will either receive a decline or an invitation for an informal interview.
3. You will interview with some of The Foundry residents to see if moving in is a good fit for both parties.
4. The Resident Committee holds a vote and notifies applicant of acceptance/decline.
5. If your application is accepted, a meeting will be set for a walk-through, move-in date and lease & resident agreement signing.