LingHacks 2018-19 Chapter Application
Fill out this form to apply to start a LingHacks regional chapter!
Brief description of what you can do:
Organize a hackathon (LingHacks [insert city or area name]):
- Raise sponsorships, donations, and grants to fund the event.
- Coordinate outreach through social media, web presence, flyers, etc.
- Prepare educational workshops.
- Recruit mentors, volunteers, judges, etc.
Organize a workshop or workshop series:
- Pick a topic or topics about computational linguistics and/or get curriculum from our national team.
- Find a venue, recruit attendees, and teach!
Start a Computational Linguistics Club:
- Talk to your school personnel or local community center/library to get a club chartered
- Must be a high school or college student during the 2018-19 school year.
What is your first name?
What is your last name?
What is your best email?
List the names, graduation years, and schools of any other people who will involved in running your chapter.
City, State, Country?
What school will you attend during the 2018-2019 school year?
What grade will you be in during the 2018-19 school year?
High school freshman
High school sophomore
High school junior
High school senior
What are you interested in doing as a chapter?
Hosting a hackathon
Hosting a computational linguistics workshop or workshop series
Hosting a panel or guest speaker series
Starting a Computational Linguistics Club at school or in the community
Describe any skills, experience, and interests you have that are relevant to directing a LingHacks chapter. This includes leadership, programming, linguistics, artificial intelligence, fundraising, marketing, any outreach, etc.
Do you agree to abide by the MLH Code of Conduct and hold your entire team and all of your event attendees to the code of conduct throughout the entire duration of your position as a director?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Mountain View Los Altos High School District.