ICM836: Final Review Quiz
Each answer is worth 20 points. The quiz is worth 15% of your final grade.
1. Outlooks on feminist media studies: How do you think age and race/ethnicity may influence US/Western understandings of what feminist media studies should focus on (see Current Perspectives Chapters 4 and 6)? And, what do you think *should* be the focus? 1-2 paragraphs are enough.
2. Global feminism meets feminist media studies: Shade (Chapter 17, Current perspectives) discusses media policy, activism, and gender. Briefly discuss the idea of media policy-making as a proponent for gender equality. Could it work? Would it not work? 1-2 paragraphs are enough.
3. Feminist agenda in development. Please read the article "Power and the Sustainable Development Goals: a feminist analysis", downloadable from our blog:
Why is the global Agenda 2030 by the United Nations not the best agenda from a feminist perspective? Highlight 2 criticisms cited in the article. 1-2 paragraphs are enough.
4. Global agenda in feminist media studies. Take a look at the report "Media and Gender: A Scholarly Agenda for the Global Alliance on Media and Gender", downloadable from our blog:
What agenda item would you consider *the most important GLOBALLY*, and why? 1-2 paragraphs are enough.
5. Application of concepts learned to a case: Please read this recent New Yorker article of a lucrative Chinese business - the mistress dispellers. Identify at least 3 themes and/or concepts we have discussed during the course in the article: name them and explain how the story reflects them. 1-2 paragraphs are enough.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service