RSVP for Friday Dec. 6 Meeting of Wisconsin Public Education Network Partners + annual Winter Social
WHEN: Friday, Dec. 6, 2019. WPEN Meeting 3-6 pm, followed by Winter Social
WHERE: 33 Nob Hill Road Road, Madison, WI 53713. Thanks to our friends at WEAC for hosting!
Agenda (subject to change) will include
- Presentation of our 2019 Annual Report and 2020 Vision & Action Plan for Partner feedback
- Legislative and Partner Updates
- 2020 Census: Presentation from Wisconsin Voices on what the census means to public schools and how you can help ensure an accurate count.
- "Wisconsin's Extreme Racial Disparity" - Race in the Heartland report: Laura Dresser, COWS. Let's talk about what racial disparities mean to Wisconsin students - and our collective advocacy. See the report here:
- School and Community: Local Education Discourses. Robert Asen and Kelly Nelson of the Dept of Communications at UW-Madison drove all over the state this year conducting interviews with public education advocates. They'll report on what patterns they've identified and what they learned about education advocacy in Wisconsin.
++ additional Special Guests tba!
You are welcome to attend one or both parts of the meeting; please indicate below which you can attend so we have enough food & refreshment for all. Please feel free but not at all obligated to bring a dish or dessert to share.
PHONE IN OPTION AVAILABLE! To participate by phone, RSVP below and we will send the call-in info prior to the meeting. Callers are asked to mute (*6) their phones during the meeting to minimize background noise.
WHO: All Network partners and supporters of Wisconsin public schools are invited to attend! New faces always welcome!
RSVP below to attend and (if relevant) provide an update of your group's activities.
RSVP for Dec. 6 Wisconsin Public Education Network meeting & Winter Social
NOTE: Please provide partner updates in the space provided below whether or not you can attend, to keep informed of our activities and save time at the meeting.
I will attend BOTH the meeting and the social IN PERSON
I will attend the meeting only from 3-5 pm (in person)
I will attend the Winter Social only (starts after meeting ends at 5pm)
I will attend the meeting BY PHONE (Call-in info, if available, will be sent by email in advance of the meeting)
I cannot attend
Optional for Winter Social: if you'd like to bring a hot dish, salad, beverage or dessert to share, please let us know what you're bringing so we can balance out the bounty. (Note: please feel but not obligated to bring something - all are welcome at the social and there will be plenty of food and drink for all!)
Organization, group, district, or other affiliation/s
Your role or title
Partner/Group updates (will be printed and included with agenda to save time at meeting. Please list recent and upcoming activities and anything else you'd like to report).
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Wisconsin Public Education Network.