2. To recognize the responsible and influential role of those other than local school building administrators in developing successful school library media programs
3. To stimulate planning, implementing and support of the school library services which are essential to a meaningful educational program.
Eligibility: State, county, or district school superintendents, assistant superintendents, directors of curricula and/or instruction, school supervisors, state education department personnel, teachers, parents, school board members, school library coordinators, supportive citizens and organizations.
Award: Plaque, recognition at Summer Refresher Awards Ceremony
1. Complete application submitted by KASL member.
2. Submit 1-3 letters of reference stating the nominee's outstanding and sustained contribution toward furthering the role of the library and its development in education.
3. Formed must be completed by April 15.