Emmett Till Anti-Racism Pledge for our Politicians
Emmett Till was a 14-year-old African American boy who was lynched in Mississippi in 1955 after being accused of offending a white woman. The cruelness, barbarism, and brutality of his murder were heartbreaking.
His killers were acquitted.
We, the elected officials of California, are directing our energies to combat bigotry and hate in our great state. We are committed to standing up for equality, safety, and justice for ALL of the citizens of California. We pledge to take the bold and aggressive steps to combat bigotry and racism throughout our state to ensure that every individual is able to claim their “unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness” as our Declaration of Independence states.
Take the Emmett Till Anti-Racism Pledge by affirming to:
1. STAND UP AND FIGHT for ALL people who are being discriminated against.
2. Don’t allow racist conversation in your presence.
3. STAND against hate and bigotry, create a shared vision of the future that includes ALL Californians, and create/enact policies that will promote ALL Californians.
4. Make sure ALL people feel safe and comfortable in your community.
5. Keep an open mind and treat ALL individuals with kindness and respect.
6. Use black-owned vendors and businesses for campaign/government-related events.
7. Use your social media to fight against racism.
The elected officials of California are strongest when we stand together. Racist talk and hateful attacks against African Americans and people of color are unjust and create divisions in our communities.
We REFUSE to allow the 1% to divide and conquer us!!
Emmett Louis Till
TAKE THE PLEDGE
I, (Please enter your name below) have decided to take the Emmett Till Anti-Racism Pledge
𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐢-𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐦 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
You will share this with your list via email, social, or text
You will follow up and commit to getting 20 people to sign the pledge
You will be a stand for Black excellence and everything the pledge stands for.
𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐢-𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐦 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐞?
Yes, I will be a member of the Host committee.
No, I will not be a member of the Host committee.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service