(1) The Self-Defense Workshop is a service of (severally and not jointly) CrossTown Fitness, Neighbors of West Loop and The Philip Nearing School of Wing Chun and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, instructors, volunteers, successors, assigns, agents and other representatives (“Workshop Providers”).
(2) I am voluntarily participating in the Self Defense Workshop upon my own assessment of the risks and benefits, and not upon the representation, advice or urging of any of the Workshop Providers. I understand and acknowledge that there is a risk of danger, bodily harm, injury, emotional stress or death as a result of the Self Defense Workshop.
(3) I assume all risk and responsibility of and for any injury (including physical and mental), damage or loss (including damages, loss or theft of my personal property), contraction of any illness or medical condition that may result there from or be related to the Self Defense Workshop. I am 100% liable for all medical expenses incurred as a result of any such injury, damage or loss during or resulting from the Self Defense Workshop. The Workshop Providers undertake no direct or indirect legal or financial responsibility for my personal safety or well-being when participating in the Self Defense Workshop.
(4) I hereby waive, release and discharge forever and unconditionally the Workshop Providers from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, complaints, demands, proceedings, lawsuits, costs and expenses for damages, losses and liabilities, known or unknown, which I now have or may have against the Workshop Providers. This waiver, release and discharge includes, without limitation, injuries which may occur as a result of (a) use of any facility or its improper maintenance, (b) use of any equipment which may malfunction or break, (c) improper maintenance of any equipment, (d) negligent instruction or supervision, (e) negligent hiring or negligent retention of any employee, and (f) slipping and falling while in the center or on the surrounding premises. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS BINDING CONTRACT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A UNCONDITIONAL AND BROAD RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY. IN ADDITION, I HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT THAT I MAY HAVE TO BRING A LEGAL ACTION OR ASSERT A CLAIM FOR INJURY OR LOSS OF ANY KIND AGAINST THE WORKSHOP PROVIDERS FOR NEGLIGENCE OR ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO MY PARTICIPATION IN THE SELF DEFENSE WORKSHOP OR ON ACCOUNT OF ANY ILLNESS OR ACCIDENT OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY.
(5) In the event that any one or more of the provisions of this agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal and enforceable or in conflict with the law according to the jurisdiction, of the state of Illinois, the remaining portions will not be invalidated, and shall remain in full force and effect.
(6) I hereby grant the Workshop Providers permission to use my photographic likeness in marketing and promotional materials, whether in print or digital.
(7) This is a legally binding contract, but it is not meant to pronounce any claims or defenses that are legally prohibited. I attest that I have read and understand this document, and agree to all provisions listed above.