Benefits of the Fellowship:
• EFA will provide full attendance (meals and shared lodging included) at EcoFarm 2014 and at an EFA-organized pre-conference of your choice (options to be provided upon award): a $770 regular registration value.
• Education and technical training for farm business success.
• Connection to the network of EcoFarm Fellows and the Ecological Farming Association community.
Commitment of EcoFarm Fellows:
• Full attendance at the EcoFarm 2014 Conference (January 22-25, 2014), as well as one pre-conference event on January 22, 2014.
• Participation in an event to cultivate Farmer Fellow leadership: to actualize a democratic, member-farmer directed Farmer’s Association.
• Complete Surveys: Program evaluation is mandatory; you must commit to responding to surveys and by check-in assessments over the next 12 months via email or phone that provide required data on program goals.
Fellowship Awards will be made under two sets of criteria:
1. Beginning farmers (10 years or less farming experience) who are owners of their farm business and have farmed in the last year or plan to farm in the next year in one of these five counties: San Mateo, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, Monterey, or San Benito. These Fellowships have been made possible with the support of the USDA Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program. We are able to provide 8 beginning farmers and ranchers with this type of Fellowship.
2. Long-time, intermediate, and beginning farmers who are owners of their farm business, currently farming anywhere in California or planning to farm anywhere in California in the next year. These Fellowships have been made possible with support from the Appleton Foundation. We are able to provide 19 farmers with this type of Fellowship.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the program is full. Applicants who plan to attend the conference whether or not they are awarded the Fellowship are encouraged to register by December 7, 2013 to receive the early registration discount. Accepted Fellows will receive a refund up to the amount of a full conference attendance with meals and lodging in a triple/quad and one EFA-organized pre-conference. If you have questions, email email@example.com.