ENLA serves as the emergency preparedness coordinating body for community based organizations in Los Angeles County; and wishes to establish a formal, non-binding commitment with Member Agencies participating in disaster preparedness and post disaster activities.
2. ENLA will provide leadership in developing coalitions which will strengthen the ability of individual agencies to assist disaster victims.
3. ENLA will facilitate the establishment of staff and agency preparation priorities for the Member Agency by providing training and forums.
4. ENLA will gather, coordinate and disseminate information through its network. In addition, it will facilitate linkages of providers of disaster goods and resources with communities and agencies which have disaster related needs.
5. ENLA will provide linkages for Member Agencies with government Emergency Operations Centers.
6. ENLA will provide reports of the impacts a disaster has to Member Agencies and the populations they serve to government, the media, and other interested parties. It is not the intent of ENLA to speak for or represent specific Member Agencies. Inquiries regarding Member Agency programs will be referred to those agencies.
7. The Member Agency will prepare its organization for a disaster by developing an Agency disaster mission statement and will file it with ENLA.
8. The ENLA will assist Member Agencies in their efforts to request financial reimbursement and post disaster contracts and grants by transmitting information about potential funding opportunities.
9. Member Agencies will participate in ENLA planning processes, disaster drills, and post exercise evaluations that serve to strengthen the facilitation of linkages of goods and resources following a disaster.
10. Following a disaster, the Member Agency will gather information about the Agency’s needs, services, and resources and communicate that information to the point of contact designated by ENLA.