Step #3: Statement of Understanding
Date of Agreement:
Legal Name of Organization/Business
hereinafter referred to as "Member Agency".
Agreement between Emergency Network of Los Angeles (ENLA) and:
The purpose of the statement is to establish a working relationship between the Member Agency and ENLA. This agreement provides a broad framework for cooperation between the two organizations in identifying and coordinating services to victims of disaster in a manner which is consistent with the missions of the Member Agency and ENLA.
ENLA serves as the emergency preparedness coordinating body for community based organizations in Los Angeles County; and wishes to establish a formal, non-binding commitment with Member Agencies participating in disaster preparedness and post disaster activities.
DEFINITION OF A DISASTER
A disaster is an event which causes or has the potential to cause disruptions to patterns of normal living for a significant number of people. A disaster may be either natural or human caused. Examples of disasters include earthquakes, flood, fires, hazardous materials incidents, civil unrest, and terrorism.
METHODS OF COOPERATION
1. ENLA will establish contact and maintain liaison with the Member Agency prior to and following a disaster.
2. ENLA will provide leadership in developing coalitions which will strengthen the ability of individual agencies to assist disaster victims.
3. ENLA will facilitate the establishment of staff and agency preparation priorities for the Member Agency by providing training and forums.
4. ENLA will gather, coordinate and disseminate information through its network. In addition, it will facilitate linkages of providers of disaster goods and resources with communities and agencies which have disaster related needs.
5. ENLA will provide linkages for Member Agencies with government Emergency Operations Centers.
6. ENLA will provide reports of the impacts a disaster has to Member Agencies and the populations they serve to government, the media, and other interested parties. It is not the intent of ENLA to speak for or represent specific Member Agencies. Inquiries regarding Member Agency programs will be referred to those agencies.
7. The Member Agency will prepare its organization for a disaster by developing an Agency disaster mission statement and will file it with ENLA.
8. The ENLA will assist Member Agencies in their efforts to request financial reimbursement and post disaster contracts and grants by transmitting information about potential funding opportunities.
9. Member Agencies will participate in ENLA planning processes, disaster drills, and post exercise evaluations that serve to strengthen the facilitation of linkages of goods and resources following a disaster.
10. Following a disaster, the Member Agency will gather information about the Agency’s needs, services, and resources and communicate that information to the point of contact designated by ENLA.
This Statement of Understanding provides the basis which ENLA and the Member Agency will cooperate both in terms of preparedness planning and in assistance during times of disaster. Termination of this agreement by either party may be effected by the delivery of written notice to authorized personnel of either party to be effective 90 days after the making of such notice.
MEMBER AGENCY REPRESENTATIVE NAME (AS ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE)
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service