YWFC Sisters & Siblings on the Rise App-Oakland Site
Sisters & Siblings on the Rise (SSoR) is a Paid Internship for young women, girls, trans and gender non conforming youth between the ages of 16-21 who have been involved in the juvenile justice system and/or the underground street economies and who want to make the transition from the streets to legal and sustainable employment. This is a paid employment opportunity ($16.50 an hour/16 hrs a week) but is also designed to provide you with transferable job and entrepreneurship skills, training, opportunities for healing and self-care, and leadership development, so that you can focus on developing your skills and defining what your personal next steps are.
As a Sisters & Siblings on The Rise Intern, you will also become civically involved in your community by:
- Serving as a culture keeper and ambassador of the YWFC - Oakland Site!
- Gaining exposure to various healing, self-care, and creative arts opportunities & bonding trips!
- Leading community projects, learning advocacy techniques, conducting street and digital outreach, working on organizing campaigns, and building upon your leadership skills.
This is NOT a court-appointed program, therefore, and each applicant will undergo a full interview and hiring process.
2. Between the age of 16-21
3. Currently or formerly system-impacted and/or formerly incarcerated
4. Able to commit to 4-7 PM Monday- Thursday and some weekend days
*If you have been a part of the Sisters Rising Program in the past, you will be required to answer additional questions during the interview process.
INTERVIEWS BEGIN: Monday, February 24, 2020
APPLICATIONS DUE: Until all positions filled
START DATE: Rolling
2117 East 15 #2 Oakland Ca, 94606
Best was to contact you:
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of CYWD.