The Surprising Success of Nonviolent Resistancehttp://jameslawsoninstitute.org/2018/06/14/the-surprising-success-of-nonviolent-resistance/
Inoculating Your Movement Against Violent Flankshttp://jameslawsoninstitute.org/2018/06/14/inoculating-your-movement-against-violent-flanks/
1. I am committed to nonviolent action (what Gandhi called a process, method, and technique for achieving social change) and expect this to be the topic for the Lawson institute, if I am invited to attend.
2. I shall read the Abstracts that are sent out in advance for most sessions, plus any other materials that JLI asks before my arrival for the institute. (Some free time is built into the schedule, and it is possible for participants to organize an event for an evening.)
3. I understand that a variety of teaching methods will be used in the educational program, including: PowerPoint and other presentations, small-group breakout sessions, dramatic skits, interactive exercises, simulations, films, and discussions. (A provisional plan for the institute’s topics is posted on the website (http://jameslawsoninstitute.org/2018ohio/ - subject to revision.)
4. I agree to adhere to the program and activities as scheduled (eight hours per day). I agree to be present for all sessions and to avoid distracting with electronic devices.
5. I shall involve myself thoroughly in the small breakout groups that offer me an opportunity to consider new ideas, practice dynamics, and participate in dramatic simulations, interactive exercises, small-group discussions, and sessions of the whole.