The residence halls close for the Winter Break at noon on Wednesday, December 23rd and reopen on Friday, January 22nd at noon. Students living in RAHPs, Stacwyck, Bryckwyck, Colonie, Polytech, Blitman, Crockett, or Hall Hall may request to stay in their rooms if they have a valid reason to stay.
Valid reasons may include:
- Travel delay/issues
- On campus work
- Academic research affiliated with an on campus entity
- Intercollegiate athletics
- International students
If approved, students living in the open residential buildings may remain in their assigned room.
Students living in all other buildings on campus must do one of the following:
- Leave campus for the break
- Find a student in one of the open residence facilities who will allow you to stay in their room or unit provided that all residents in the room/unit agree to your staying in that space (see Residence Life Guest Policy). In addition, you must fill out the request below.
- Update 12/16/15- We no longer have the availability to accommodate these requests and have removed this option from the form.- If you cannot find a room in one of the open buildings, staff from Residence Life may be able to find you an open space. Please note that we do not have the availability to accommodate this type of break request for many students. If you select this option, there is a STRONG likelihood that your request will not be approved. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR YOU TO FIND A FRIEND/COLLEAGUE TO STAY WITH.
We will notify you through your RPI email whether your request has been approved.
All requests must be submitted to Residence Life by 5 p.m. on Monday, December 14th. Requests received after this deadline could potentially not be approved.
If you have any questions about the above information, please do not hesitate reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-276-6284.