Scottish Borders Creative Writing Retreat 2017
Thank you for your interest in the First Days of Spring Creative Writing Retreat in Lauder, Scotland! **Please note: applications are now closed. If you would like to be considered for a non-resident day rate, please write to us at:
In order to help us with the selection process, please answer the following ten questions to the best of your ability.
Non-resident applicants: It is not necessary to answer Questions 6 through 8, but please fill in Question 9 instead.
Financial aid applicants: We are offering two partial scholarships in 2017. One of these will be awarded to a migrant writer (a writer who was not born in the UK) who is now resident in the UK, and one will be offered to a low-income writer. If you would like to apply, please see the instructions at the bottom of the form.
1. Please provide your name, email address, and contact phone number.
2. This workshop is available to residents of any country, but if arriving from outside Europe you must have a valid passport/visa to enter the UK. In order to help us best understand your travel needs, please enter your residential address.
3. Please provide a link to any website or online portfolio of your work, if you have one (a social media profile, such as Twitter, is also fine).
4. Please let us know a little about your background, and any writing experience you have (beginners are welcome to apply).
5. Why you would like to take part in our writing retreat?
6. The retreat will run from 6pm (with arrival from 4pm onwards) on Friday February 24th to 4pm on Sunday February 26th. Will you be available for the entire weekend? Do you foresee any scheduling conflicts? If so, please elaborate.
7. Would you like a single room (£360) or a twin share room (£330)?
Single room (with double bed) and en-suite
Twin share room (with single bed) sharing room and en-suite with one other person
8. Would you prefer vegetarian meals?
9. If you would like to apply for a non-resident place on our retreat please select one of the following options: the whole weekend (£130) or for one day only (£75) either Saturday or Sunday.
The whole weekend
10. If you would like to apply for financial aid, please send a letter to
detailing your financial circumstances and why you feel you would benefit from a scholarship. In addition, if you are applying for the migrant scholarship, please detail why you quality. Preference for our two scholarships will be given to full-time writers and writers with low incomes.
I am applying for a financial aid scholarship, and will send/have sent a letter of application.
I am not applying for a financial aid scholarship.
Thank you! If your application is approved, we will send you confirmation of your place on the retreat, plus instructions for payment of your fee. Your position will be confirmed upon full payment.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service