Pulse of Perseverance Scholarship Application
$1000 Monthly Scholarship
Who Can Apply?
• High school students (to assist families with education-related expenses such as school fees, school supplies, uniforms, college application fees)
• College students (to assist with education-related expenses such as books, fees, advanced degree applications)
1. Students must read the book, "Pulse of Perseverance: Three Black Doctors on Their Journey to Success" and submit a 250-word essay focusing on how they are currently making a difference in their community and why they believe they have the #pulseofperseverance. The essay should incorporate specific themes from the book that most resonate with you.
2. Students must provide proof of current enrollment (transcripts, letter of good standing, proof of registration, college acceptance letters, etc.) which should be emailed with your name in subject line to:
3. All applicants must submit a short video on why they possess the #pulseofperseverance and what the scholarship will mean to them. Video clips must be no longer than 60 seconds. Videos become the property of Pulse of Perseverance and may be posted on our social websites. Videos should be emailed with your name in subject line to:
Applications are due on the first of every month.
Scholarship winners will be notified on the 15th of every month via our website and social media outlets. Other scholarship winners will be awarded during our college book tour (upcoming dates will be provided in the near future). All scholarship checks will be sent within 3-5 business days after public announcement of the scholarship winner and student has submitted all documentation to claim award.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How will I know if I am a recipient of the scholarship? All winners will be notified via, email and the winners‘ will be announced through Pulse of Perseverance social media platforms and their website at
2. If I win, how will I receive the award? All funds will be mailed to scholarship recipients in the form of a certified check sent through the U.S. Postal Service.
3. How do I claim the scholarship if I win? If your name is announced as a winner you must contact Pulseofp3 via the contact link on their website,
, and verify your information.
4. If I win, can I just spend the money on whatever I want? No. In order for the scholarship recipient to avoid a potential tax penalties, you must spend it on education related expenses (i.e. tuition, fees, school supplies, uniforms, etc)
5. If I do not win in a particular month, do I need to re-submit my entry? No. Any entry that was not chosen will be taken into consideration each month. Only previous scholarship winners entries will not be reconsidered.
6. What happens to my video and essay after I submit it? All videos and essays will become the sole property of Pulse of Perseverance upon submission and receipt. Winners give Pulse of Perseverance the right and permission to post segments of the video or the full video on their website and/or their social media outlets managed by Pulse of Perseverance.
If you did not find the answer to your question here, email your questions to
School Currently Attending
School Applying To
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service