Thank you for your interest in the Advocacy Board! The Walton Youth Project is a community-based NFP organization who's mission is to create grass-roots initiatives that are designed and implemented by teens and young adults.. This is accomplished while developing leadership, mentoring, and bonding among the the youth of Walton County. We provide opportunities for young people to have their voices heard, and to effect change in their communities, all while becoming civic-minded and having fun! Scholarship opportunities, networking and internships within the community are available to members, and we customize experiences to align with our board.
We are non-partisan, secular, and believe that the best ideas come through examining all viewpoints.
Interviews and meetings are conducted at the Walton County BOE Annex.
- Meetings are the 1st and 3rd THURSDAY of every month except December and July.
- Participation in at least one meeting/month is required. Zoom meetings/recordings will be available.
- Participation in 3 events per year of your choosing, one of which must be our spring fundraiser.
- Voting is required on all initiatives and online voting is permitted.
- Missing 3 meetings in a row, without explanation may result in removal from the board.
- Membership in the board is guaranteed year-to-year, and re-application is not required.
Good luck! We hope to see you soon!