The Convention will be open from 11am to 9pm.
As a potential participant in Nyancon Returns, make yourself familiar with all of our policies and procedures. You will be held to these policies upon submission of this application. It is your responsibility to review all these materials. The most key policies for you have been posted here:
- All panelists must be 18 years or older.
- Panels are rated either All Ages, 13+, or 18+ (ID check required), which you will select on the application. 18+ content includes excessive violence, sex and nudity, and excessive vulgar language. 13+ is a soft rating and is not regulated via ID; it is a category to capture subjects and commentary that isn't vulgar, but not quite safe enough for young children, including light expletives.
- We do not allow certain types of events due to traditional low attendance, consistently low quality content, or the the presentation being unnecessarily divisive. Any of the following types of panels will be automatically denied: Ask-a-Character panels, speed dating or speed friending events, burlesque or live erotic dance performances, religious events, and shipping panels.
- You may not bully attendees, use hateful or discriminatory speech, or attempt to exclude any attendees from attending the panel. This includes hateful speech or derogatory speech such as Gender, Identity, Race,
- You may not apply makeup to, perform physical actions upon, or otherwise touch an attendee. You must use your own registered panelists for any sort of demonstration.
- Food and drink may be given away to attendees as part of an event, but it must be pre-packaged. Homemade food and open container drinks may not be given away. Food/drink must be gifts and may not be sold.
-Workshop are allowed to charge for materials but not for attending the panel.
Badges and Compensation:
- Badges will be provide for up to two panelist. Each panelist individually must go to panel check in and show ID to receive their badge.
Panel Approvals and Waitlist:
- We will close applications on May 28 and we will approve panels and send notifications by June 6
with a preliminary schedule being released shortly after.
- Please note that applying for a panel does not guarantee a place on the final schedule, nor is there a guarantee that we will approve all panels that you have applied with. We do try to fit as much content as possible into our schedule, but there is no way to fit all of the panels that we receive.
- We will have to make last-minute adjustments to the schedule, due to Guest needs, last minute drops to panels, and other unforeseen events. While we try as hard as we can to plan ahead and avoid these, it is impossible to completely assure you that your panel will be where or when it is originally scheduled upon approval. We will do our best to notify you of these changes if they effect your panel, but please continue to check the schedule before the convention to make sure they are correct. If we have to cancel your event after we approved it, we will wait-list it at the top of our list, and you will still receive your original reimbursement.
- Anyone who applied and did not make it into the schedule at first will be put onto a waitlist that is sorted by desired content for the convention.
Unless stated each room will have a computer that can be used, mounted microphone, projector and cables to connect through HDMI. We will accommodate if possible.
If you have any questions about any of these rules, please email us at email@example.com
The lead panelist email is the only email that will be used for communication, please make sure that you use the same email for all your applications!
By using your email below and submitting this application, you are informing us that you have read the above rules and guidelines and agree to adhere to them.