What do I need to do to play junior interclub tennis:
What if I’m not a member of the Khandallah Tennis and Squash Club?
- You must be a current member of the Khandallah Tennis and Squash Club.
- You must complete this online form & make the Interclub Fee payment by 9th September.
- You should be able to rally and serve (Novice / 'Hot Shot' grades may do a “bounce and hit” serve).
- You should be available to practice with your team once a week.
- You must comply with the rules and Code of Conduct of junior interclub tennis.
Becoming a member of the club is an easy process. Follow the instructions at - https://ktsc.org.nz/join-now/ When do I play?
- A and B Grades – Boys and Girls: Sunday from 10:30am-1pm
- C and D Grades – Boys and Girls: Sunday from 8.30am - 10:30am
- ‘Hot Shots’ / Novice Mixed: Sunday from 8.30am - 10:30am
- ‘Hot Shots’ / Novice Girls Only: Saturday from 9am - 11am
All ties consist of 4 singles and 2 doubles matches. Typically 4 kids play in a match - playing one singles and one doubles each. It is possible to play up to 6 kids per tie and share the matches - but we normally try and avoid this.
Player Age Eligibility:
- C grade and below play a single set for each match - which is the first to 7 games (a regular tie breaker at 6 games all), for each of the singles and doubles matches
- B grade and above play 2 short sets (i.e. first to 4, win by 2 games, tie breaker at 4 games all). To win a short set the score would need to be 5-3. 4-2, 4-1, 4-0. A super tie breaker (i.e. first to 10, win by two), is used as a third set where the first two sets are split.
To be eligible for junior interclub, all players must be 17 years old or younger as of October 1st.Team sizes:
How much does it cost to play junior interclub?
- Our ideal team size is 5, which gives one reserve. We then prefer team sizes of 4, then 6.
- Actual team sizes though are based on the numbers of kids that register, and their respective abilities
- It is not uncommon to have a team that is combined with another club (e.g. we have 3 kids and another club has 2 kids of similar abilities - so we make a combined team)
The Interclub Fee is $30 per player ($15 for Post Xmas only) – this covers the Tennis Central team registration fees and balls. Note this is in addition to a KTSC membership.Key Dates:
- Pre Xmas: Starts 15/16th October - through to mid December
- Post Xmas: TBA - likely start around last weekend of Jan through to late March
Please note that no Interclub rounds will be scheduled over Labour weekend (22/23 October)Next Steps
- Complete this form before 9th September
- Using Internet Banking pay the relevant amount into the KTSC Bank Account:
03 1536 0008582 00
Please use your child’s first and last name and “Jnr IC fee” as the reference so we can reconcile all payments
Please note, we are unable to put your child in a team until payment is made.
If you have any questions, please contact the KTSC Club Manager (Felicity / email@example.com
/ (04) 939 6210 ).