The Greater Nashville community is facing a crisis like never before. In the face of so much loss and uncertainty we're all searching for a way to be good neighbors to one another. While practicing responsible social distancing helps keep our community safe from COVID-19 it can make us feel disconnected and powerless to help struggling families in Greater Nashville. The Good Neighbor Grant is an effort to put intent into action and assist our hurting neighbors during this difficult season.
What is the Good Neighbor Grant?
The Good Neighbor Grant is a weekly grant designed by Hillsboro Presbyterian Church to assist residents of Greater Nashville who are financially struggling during the COVID-19 pandemic. With thousands out of work things like rent, food and medical bills can pose an insurmountable financial burden on any family. We are especially concerned with folks who are in danger of not being able to afford rent and are in danger of eviction. In order to help as many people as possible while maintaining long-term viability the amount of each week's grant is capped.
Each week a new recipient is awarded the grant as selected by our leadership team from the list of nominees. (see policies below for full details)
How Can I Help?
In addition to making a nomination you can make a charitable contribution to the Good Neighbor Grant. Small donations from our community add up to big things. You can setup a recurring gift or a one time donation. Something as simple as a $10 donation can help keep a family in their home and gathered around their table. Some individuals are committing to longer term giving like a weekly gift of $10 a week for the remainder of the year. Any act of generosity will help grow and sustain this generous grant. 100% of all donations go directly to funding the grant and are tax deductible.
The initial grant funding was made possible by a generous contribution from the Benevolence Team of Hillsboro Presbyterian Church as well as other community partners. And while this initial funding is generous we hope to be able to help even more families as the scope of this grant expands.
Make a small $10 donation online right now @
Grant Policies & Guidelines
1. The nomination must be filled out in its entirety for consideration.
2. Nominations can be filled out online or the nomination can be sent through the mail
Hillsboro Presbyterian Church
5820 Hillsboro Pike
Nashville, TN 37215
3. All submitted nominations should be residents of the Greater Nashville region and will be considered, regardless of church membership or attendance. We give the way we welcome... without regard to race, ethnic or cultural background, social status, gender, sexual orientation, age, education or political affiliation.
4. Nominations are reviewed once a month and must be submitted by the 20th of the month for next month’s consideration. For instance, if you want to be considered for the month of June, your nomination must be submitted by May 20. Any late submissions will be automatically saved for the next month’s consideration. No exceptions.
All names and addresses will be withheld from the decision-making team. Financial assistance is based entirely on need and circumstance.
5. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the nomination deadline, then we have decided to assist another request.
6. You may submit nominations as many times as you would like, but only one per month.
7. Please do not contact anyone at the church with questions on the status of your nominations. Any and all questions need to be emailed to:
In the meantime, please know that the deciding committee is prayerfully and thoughtfully considering each nomination. We ask that you pray for the wisdom and guidance of this ministry and for the individuals entrusted with making these decisions.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Hillsboro Presbyterian Church.