School of Richmond Ballet Trainee Program 2021 Audition Form
2021 Audition Information
Judy Jacob, Artistic Associate & School Director
Requirement: 18-21 years of age with advanced, pre-professional training.
To be considered for the Trainee Program, dancers must attend the Summer Intensive Program to learn repertory. The Summer Intensive Program includes ballet, pointe, partnering, variations, men’s technique, modern, character dance, theatre dance, and a performance opportunity (TBD).
Acceptance into the Richmond Ballet Trainee Program 2021-2022 is by audition only. The auditions take place annually January-March. We strongly recommend that those interested attend an audition in person. However, if this is not possible we will accept a video audition. We have established specific building entry and class protocols that all staff and students must follow to keep our community safe. Please see our website
for details on our safety procedures.
Please complete the Google Form for pre-registration. This online form will ask for your three recent photos as described below, current résumé, audition video or link (if you are not auditioning in person), and $35 fee. Please ensure that your name appears on all material.
Please be prepared to present a variation with music you provided.
Video Audition Form
Please note that no video applications will be accepted after March 1, 2021. We ask for you to upload your audition video via the Google Form. If technical issues occur, then feel free to send it to either
or Mariah Taghavie-Moghadam, 407 East Canal Street, Richmond, VA 23219.
Audition Video Requirements: (No more than 15 minutes in length)
No Barre Work, only Centre work (please film in a studio or appropriate space, ensuring your entire body can be seen head to toe):
Ladies should be filmed en pointe.
1. Adagio work displaying port de bras, body positions, arabesques, and attitudes showing line and musicality.
2. Multiple pirouettes, en dehors and en dedans, sur place and en diagonal. (Please show double and triple turns)
3. Small and medium allegro combinations displaying a range of technical advancement and musicality. (Including jetes, assembles, sissonnes, beats, and connecting steps, etc.)
4. Grand allegro, as space permits. (Men include tours en l’air)
5. A Classical variation. (ladies en pointe)
6. A Contemporary Solo.
Full length. Ladies in solid color leotard with pink or skin-toned tights and shoes. Gentlemen in white or black t-shirt with black tights and shoes.
1. First position of feet, with tendu a la seconde, arms low or in second position facing the camera.
2. First arabesque profile (ladies en pointe if advanced).
3. Recent headshot.
Resumes are required.
Letters of recommendation are appreciated.
For more information, please contact:
Page 1 of 7
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service