1. Be informed about and abide by the best practices approved by the KIC Council*;
2. Provide basic interlibrary loan service to other KICNET members at no charge;
3. State their lending policies in the KICNET Participant Record and/or on their interlibrary loan department website;
4. Make their local collection visible in the Kansas Library Catalog, either by direct access to the local catalog or maintaining current holdings in the Kansas Main Catalog;
5. Make materials in their circulating collection available for interlibrary loan;
6. Participate in continuing education related to interlibrary loan; and
7. Provide annual interlibrary loan activity statistics to the State Library.
Libraries that agree to the terms outlined in this document are entitled to full KICNET membership privileges, including participation at meetings of the KIC Council and eligibility for service on the Kansas ILL Board of Directors.
This membership agreement shall be reviewed and re-signed every two (2) years or whenever significant staff change occurs. Libraries may withdraw from KICNET at any time by notifying the State Library and completing all outstanding requests.
*For more information about KICNET, including best practices, go to http://kslib.info/441/About-Interlibrary-Loan