National Black Food & Justice Alliance Member Inquiry Form (Individual)
National Black Food and Justice Alliance is a coalition of Black-led organizations working towards cultivating and advancing Black leadership, building Black self-determination, Black institution building and organizing for food sovereignty, land and justice.
If you are interested in joining the National Black Food & Justice Alliance as an individual, please complete this form. Upon joining the Alliance, all new members attend an orientation, consent to the NBFJA Community Agreements (to be sent via email upon Alliance receipt of this form), join a work group, and contribute to the organization via annual dues. An excerpt of our Core Beliefs is included below.
1) We come to this work rooted in love, leading with our hearts, guided by our intellect, and standing on the shoulders of our ancestors’ wisdom.
2) We are committed to Black liberation and understand that when all Black people are free, then everyone is free.
3) In our commitment to centering Black leadership, we have agreed that all organizational members of the leadership and decision making body will be comprised of at least 70% Black leadership including staff leadership, decision making members and board.
4) We value the contributions and leadership of Black folks of all backgrounds in the struggle for liberation, including comrades of all genders, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. We understand the necessity of centering the margins of the margins of our communities in our work and our leadership.
5) We seek the dismantling of sexist patriarchy and transphobia.
6) We believe in the necessity of building cooperative rather than capitalist economic food system models.
7) We are deeply invested in holding each other accountable to these commitments.
Are you social?
We are social too, lets connect. Provide your handles in the "other" section.
Are you a member or part of any organizations or groups?
What focus area most relates to the work you do or are interested in doing?
Black Food Sovereignty
Self Determining Food Economies
Do you have skills in the following areas? What other skills do you have that would be helpful? Please add them to the other section.
Communications / Storytelling
Togetherness / Healing Work
What might your practical contribution look like?
Research and Writing
Art and Cultural Production
Agricultural and Land Survival Work
How do you define Black leadership and why is it important to you?
What is your racial/ethnic background?
Check all that apply, and feel free to elaborate in the other section. We ask this question because it is part of our goal to center Black leadership.
First Nations / Indigenous
Asian Pacific Islander
South East Asian
Please frame how you personally address racial inequality, racial bias, and anti Black racism within the work you do?
Is there anything else you want to share or lift up about yourself; race, ethnicity, gender/non-gender, histories, struggles, and joys etc.
Thank you for completing this form, a member of the leadership team will be in touch within the next two weeks. We look forward to connecting soon!
In the meantime visit us at
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service