Share Your Library Love Story!
The Library Foundation is soliciting personal stories that demonstrate how the public library plays an important role in transforming individual lives. Some of these stories will be selected and shared with the public on KUT Radio and at Mayor's Book Club events (with the writer's permission).
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING:
- We welcome submissions from all ages.
- You can submit on behalf of someone else (a parent, child, or friend), but you should do so only with their permission.
- This form allows 500 words to summarize your story.
- We are not necessarily selecting stories based on the quality of the writing. We are looking for stories of transformation and change -- how your time in a library altered your life, shaped how you think about yourself, helped you become who you are today, etc.
- That said, we welcome well-written stories with a complete story arc!
- However you present your story, try to convey a sense of the story's key elements and its impact on you.
- We lend preference to stories about the Austin Public Library, but we want to hear all Library Love Stories! We will no doubt select stories about libraries in other places.
- We are collecting stories NOW through August 2019. **WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO SUBMIT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.** We will review and select stories on a rolling basis as they are submitted.
- Submissions close on Tuesday, August 20.
- Contact Cecily Sailer at
or call 512.542.0076 if you have questions, or would like to submit your story as a video or audio recording.
If your story is selected, you will be contacted by email or phone. You will likely be asked to come to KUT's studios to record your story in your own voice. Your story will not be shared without your express permission. Recorded stories will begin airing on KUT in Fall 2019.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Austin Public Library Friends Foundation.
Terms of Service