Every committee has varying degrees of involvement (with some more involved than others). Not all committee assignments involve travel. A description of what each committee does may be found on the TLA website ( http://tinyurl.com/tlavol).
Basically, committee members should:
• Attend all committee meetings (most if not all are conducted online)
• Participate in the business of the committee (individual assignments, etc.)
• Be good advocates for the association.
• Every Committee has 2 co-chairs normally. A Leadership Retreat is planned prior to the new year beginning to assist in the transition of committee leadership. Past chairs and Incoming chairs should plan on attending this 2 day retreat. TLA subsidizes one nights’ hotel stay and 2 meals for this retreat.
• Committee Co-Chairs should submit a committee report prior to each TLA Board of Directors meetings.
• At least one Committee Chair should be present at the TLA Board of Directors meeting called 3-4 times per year in and round the greater Nashville area. Arrangements can be made in advance for virtual attendance.
Please answer the following questions so we may place you where your strengths will be of most value for you and the organization. Appointments will be made in the Spring with the new board's term begins July 1.
Questions? Send an email to Suzyjenn620@gmail.com