2017 STEM Day at the State Fair Exhibitor Application
Hosted by SciMathMN and its statewide grassroots initiative the Minnesota STEM Network.
STEM Day (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) at the State Fair was first held in 2010 and was a great success. Each year since, the event has grown and expanded. More exhibitors have been added to the list every year, but we are reaching the limits of how many groups/organizations we can accommodate.
In this application, we want to have as much information as we can to determine this summer’s roster of exhibitors. Please read the instructions carefully and provide all the information necessary to assist our committee in its final selections.
The 2017 STEM Day is now being planned for the Opening Day of the State Fair, Thursday, August 24th, 2017.
The STEM day event is focused on reaching K-12 youth, their families, and teachers.
Our goals at the event are:
1. to communicate that STEM is fun and rewarding; STEM has a huge impact and benefit on our society; wonderful STEM career opportunities exist, both now and in the foreseeable future
2. to connect attendees to STEM resources in the region year-round.
The STEM Day messages are best communicated with hands-on activities that engage our target audience in critical and creative thinking skills and encourages them to question and seek answers that enhance their STEM knowledge.
Every effort will be made to present a diverse array of exhibitors and organizations. If you are interested in being part of this exciting STEM Day at the State Fair, please complete the form below by Monday, May 15, 2017.
First Priority will be given to organizations which meet the following criteria (listed in order of importance):
1. Organization’s mission and purpose pertain to and are based in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
2. Organizations that collaborate and share exhibit space with an outside organization or other departments or divisions within their overall institution
3. Organizations that provide a hands-on, STEM-based activity focused on children and youth
4. Organizations from outside the Twin Cities metro area
5. Organizations new to the STEM Day event
6. Demonstrated goals to target audience
7. Appropriateness of planned activity
8. Organization’s ability to underwrite their activity. Funds for direct exhibitor support are limited.
Other factors that will influence the committee’s decision:
1. Non-profits must be registered in the state of Minnesota.
2. For-profit companies and organizations are restricted from conducting commercial operations
3. Sponsorship of STEM Day.
4. Organizations have a mechanism for community engagement in STEM or volunteer service to the community in STEM activities.
5. Date of submission of the application.
The exhibitors are asked to have demonstrations and interactive events centering around one or more of the three topics below:
- Activities for children/parents outside of school (or perhaps school field trips)
- Promoting STEM activities in school – providing programs or support in advancing STEM
- College and beyond – education and employment opportunities in STEM fields
Please complete the form by Monday, May 15, 2017. You may send photos of your plans or past displays to
Exhibitor selection will be communicated in early June
Name of Organization
(as it should appear on tent sign)
Please provide a 50 word organization description
Organization's social media contact information
Organization's Contact Name
Organization's Contact Email Address
Organization's Contact Work Phone
Include area code
Organization's Contact Mobile Phone
Include area code
Would your exhibit lend itself to sharing with another organization? Collaborator Information, if applicable.
(Name as it should appear on tent sign)
If your organization shares with another organization, would you share the space all day or split the time as half-days?
Share the exhibit all day
Split the time as half days
Describe your planned exhibit and activities in 150 words or less. Send any photos to
. Please plan on no larger than 10' x 10' space under an open-sided tent. This will help the committee visualize your plans. Please indicate if you require more than one 8'x30" table and two folding chairs provided all exhibitors.
Alternate Activity Description
Also, describe an alternative activity you would provide in the event that we have too many similar offerings.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service