Hello, prospective JEDI Committee Member!
This is the form to apply to join the Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee. The JEDI Committee plans and implements our JEDI work, supporting 350PDX as a whole to integrate JEDI principles and tactics better into our everyday work. Our mission is to support 350PDX in implementing a JEDI Plan that incorporates these values throughout our organizational structure, internal systems, and theory of organizing.
You can read the JEDI plan here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m4KC3MuR7mY8VcpLWvvSwgP-jQgeWuLT/view?usp=sharing
This work entails everything from designing training for 350PDX volunteers around JEDI concepts to developing systems and policies to make 350PDX more accountable to JEDI values.
We are looking for volunteers who have experience organizing with us and are interested in implementing our JEDI Plan. In particular, we are looking for people with any of the following:
- Experience with barriers organizing with us or the climate movement as a whole
- Passion and understanding of climate justice, racial and social justice, and equity
- Practice creating, leading, and/or facilitating trainings or group conversations
- Experience creating equitable organizational policies, plans, and/or accountability practices
- Insight and practice in conflict mediation, restorative justice, and/or other forms of conflict transformation
We meet twice a month and do some work between meetings - roughly 3-8 hours a month, depending on project commitments. Our space has purposefully been cultivated to be safer, inclusive, and welcoming, especially for those who are marginalized in greater society and sometimes at 350PDX.
Thank you for considering joining this important organizational committee at 350PDX! We are happy to arrange for childcare, ASL interpretation, non-English translation, and other accommodations as requested.
For any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org