Coming In: an event for LGBTQI people to share our stories of moving to a new place or country
OurStory Scotland, LGBT Health & Wellbeing and Connecting Scotland's Sounds are holding an event to share LGBTQI people's stories. The event will take place during LGBT History Month 2017!
Date/time: Thursday 2nd February, 6-8pm.
Venue: National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh.
Access: Fully Accessible. With BSL interpretation
The event is open to all and will feature:
- stories of LGBTQI people coming to Scotland
- stories of ‘coming out’ while ‘coming in’ to a new place
- recordings from the OurStory Scotland collection, archived at the National Library of Scotland
- live presentations of stories of coming in
- an opportunity to celebrate and enhance our diversity
- an opportunity for interested participants to tell their own story and have it recorded
Delivered in partnership with OurStory Scotland, LGBT Health & Wellbeing and part of the Connecting Scotland’s Sounds programme: championing Scotland’s heritage recordings with support from the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.