=== Here are some daily responsibilities of a Community Manager: ===* The number one job of a CM is to serve the community.
* Maintain communication with the development team, acting as the primary "link" between the players and the team. This will be absolutely essential, as communication between the players and the devs will need to be mediated.
* Maintain communication with the CM team, so as to properly distribute tasks (more on those down below). This will include platforms such as Discord and Trello, but is not necessarily limited to those.
* Uphold civil and respectful manners when engaging with the community. This will be necessary, as CMs are staff and are thus representing the team as a whole. No incredibly strict rules here, just the usual manners that would be expected anywhere else.
* Be willing to take up tasks that are either recurring or spontaneous. Recurring tasks include chat moderation, newcomer assistance etc. Unscheduled tasks include assisting in a dev's or fellow CM's creative initiative, related to livestreaming, brainstorming on designing future events and/or gear etc.
* Chat moderation on Discord, and possibly on other major platforms of communication, such as 2038's future site and Facebook.
* Assistance of newcomers on Discord, and possibly on other platforms as above.
* Chat moderation in the game (if promoted to a GM role)
* Regular reports to the dev team regarding player feedback and any issues that may arise. A weekly report should suffice, but the more regular communication a CM feels they can maintain, the better.
* Maintenance of official groups and profiles, such as Facebook and Twitter. This is entirely optional.
* Participation in devs' and fellow CMs' creative initiatives, as discussed above. Depending on the nature of those, this task may range from "preferred but optional" to "entirely optional". Only in extreme cases will this ever be obligatory.
=== CM Guidelines ===* As a CM, you represent the 2038 project in all interactions you participate in. Acting with civility, respect, moderation, and tolerance are a necessity when dealing with a fan base as passionate and varied as that of Hellgate.
* You will be given access to private chat rooms and various other project data. Leaking, publicly discussing, sharing, or removing internal project information is taken very seriously and will incur serious consequences
* When in doubt, ask the team. Do not make claims, promises, or statements which may misrepresent the project, the team, or the community. If you are unsure about something, it's better to say so than to give misinformation.
* The community manager role is separate from the GM role (game master, game manager, game moderator or referee). Trusted and reliable community managers will be promoted to game managers and will be given access to admin commands in-game to assist testers/assist in events/creative endeavors. If you are interested in becoming a GM in addition to a CM, please let us know and we will keep you in mind.
* Abuse of the CM/GM role (harassment, favoritism, trolling, cheating, scamming, etc) is taken extremely seriously and will result in a permanent ban from the game in its current and any future forms.