Acceptable Use Policy (2020-2021)
All 9th -12th grade students need to review the Conqueror Cloud Acceptable Use Policy below, type their name accepting this policy, have their parents type their name to accept this policy, and then submit this form before the beginning of school.
Conqueror Cloud Acceptable Use Policy
The aim of this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is to ensure that students will benefit from learning opportunities offered by Conqueror Cloud Classroom resources in a safe and effective manner. Internet use and access is considered a school resource and privilege. Therefore, if the school AUP is not adhered to, this privilege will be withdrawn and appropriate sanctions – as outlined in the AUP – will be imposed.
Please be aware that the administration will review and revise the AUP as needed. Before signing, the AUP should be read carefully to ensure that the conditions of use are accepted and understood.
The school employs a number of strategies in order to maximize learning opportunities and reduce risks associated with the Internet. These strategies are as follows:
● Internet sessions will always be monitored by Schaumburg Christian School’s filtering software.
● Filtering software will be used in order to minimize the risk of exposure to inappropriate material. On school provided devices, students’ internet usage is filtered both on and off campus. All internet usage is filtered on campus through SCS’s internet regardless of the device.
● The school may regularly review students’ internet usage.
● Uploading and downloading of non-approved software is not permitted on any school device.
● Students will treat others with respect at all times and will not undertake any actions that may bring the school into disrepute.
● Electronic mail (e-mail) and other computer use or storage is not guaranteed to be private or confidential. Network or other computer use or storage areas are and will be treated as school property. Devices, files and communications may be accessed and reviewed by administration, teachers, and/or technical personnel at ANY time.
WORLD WIDE WEB
● Students will not intentionally visit internet sites that contain obscene, illegal, hateful or otherwise objectionable materials.
● Students will report accidental accessing of inappropriate materials in accordance with school procedures.
● Students will use the internet for educational purposes only.
● Students will not copy information into assignments and fail to acknowledge the source (plagiarism and copyright infringement).
● Students will never disclose or publicize personal information.
● Students will be aware that any usage, including distributing or receiving information, whether school-related or personal, may be monitored for unusual activity, security and/or network management reasons.
● Students will not send or receive any material that is illegal, obscene, defamatory or that is intended to annoy or intimidate another person.
● Students will not reveal their own or other people’s personal details, such as addresses or telephone numbers or pictures.
● Students will never arrange a face-to-face meeting with someone they only know through emails or the internet.
● Students may not transmit language/material that is profane, obscene, abusive, or offensive to others.
● Students may not send mass e-mails, chain letters, or spam.
● Students will be given the opportunity to publish projects, artwork or school work on teacher websites and student blogs in accordance with clear policies and approval processes regarding the content that can be uploaded.
● These websites may be regularly checked to ensure that there is no content that compromises the safety of students or staff.
● Websites using facilities such as guestbooks, noticeboards or weblogs may be checked to ensure that they do not contain personal details.
● The publication of student work will be coordinated by a teacher.
● Students’ work may appear in an educational context on web pages.
● Students are required to follow all copyright laws around all media including text, images, programs, music, and video. Downloading, sharing, and posting illegally obtained media is against the Acceptable Use Policy.
● Plagiarism is a violation of the Schaumburg Christian School code of conduct. Students must give credit to all sources used, whether quoted or summarized. This includes all forms of media on the internet, such as graphics, movies, music, and text.
Misuse of the internet may result in disciplinary action, including withdrawal of access privileges, grade penalties on assignments, demerits, and in extreme cases, suspension or expulsion. The school also reserves the right to report any illegal activities to the appropriate authorities.
APPROPRIATE USES AND DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP
School-issued Chromebooks should be used for educational purposes, and students are to adhere to the SCS Technology Acceptable Use Policy and all of its corresponding administrative procedures at all times. While working in a digital and collaborative environment, students should always conduct themselves as good digital citizens by adhering to the following:
1. RESPECT YOURSELF - I will show respect for myself through my actions. I will select online names that are appropriate. I will use caution with the information, images, and other media that I post online. I will carefully consider what personal information about my life, experiences, or relationships I post. I will not be obscene. I will act with integrity.
2. PROTECT YOURSELF - I will ensure that the information, images, and materials I post online will not put me at risk. I will not publish my personal details, contact details, or a schedule of my activities. I will report any attacks or inappropriate behavior directed at me while online. I will protect passwords, accounts, and resources.
3. RESPECT OTHERS - I will show respect to others. I will not use electronic mediums to antagonize, bully, harass, or stalk people. I will show respect for other people in my choice of websites: I will not visit sites that are degrading to others, pornographic, racist, or otherwise inappropriate. I will not enter other people's private spaces or areas.
4. PROTECT OTHERS - I will protect others by reporting abuse and not forwarding inappropriate materials or communications. I will avoid unacceptable materials and conversations. I will not publish others’ personal details, contact details, or a schedule of their activities.
5. RESPECT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY - I will request permission to use copyrighted or otherwise protected materials. I will suitably cite all use of websites, books, media, etc. I will acknowledge all primary sources. I will validate information. I will use and abide by the fair use rules.
6. PROTECT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY - I will request to use the software and media others produce. I will purchase, license, and register all software or use available free and open source alternatives rather than pirating software. I will purchase music and media and refrain from distributing these in a manner that violates their licenses.
Any violation of this policy may result in the loss of access to the internet. Additional disciplinary action may be determined in accordance with existing policies of Schaumburg Christian School, including applicable State and Federal laws.
ANY attempt to override or bypass any protection measure that has been put in place by Schaumburg Christian School to monitor, block and/or filter access to the network or internet usage that is not in accordance with policies of Schaumburg Christian School will result in disciplinary action.
Student's Name and Agreement
I agree to follow the school's Acceptable Use Policy on the use of the internet. I will use the internet in a responsible way and obey all the rules explained to me by the school.
Student's First Name
Student's Last Name
Parent/Guardian's Name and Agreement
As the parent or legal guardian of the above student, I have read the Acceptable Use Policy and grant permission for my son or daughter or the child in my care to access the internet. I understand that internet access is intended for educational purposes. I also understand that every reasonable precaution has been taken by the school to provide for online safety, but the school cannot be held responsible if students access unsuitable websites.
In relation to school-related websites, I accept that, if the school considers it appropriate, my child’s schoolwork may be chosen for inclusion on the school-related websites. I understand and accept the terms of the Acceptable Use Policy relating to publishing children’s work on school-related websites.
I accept the above paragraphs and agree to the Conqueror Cloud Acceptable Use Policy
Parent/Guardian's First Name
Parent/Guardian's Last Name
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Schaumburg Christian School.