The Mathematics Pentathlon (MP) is a program of interactive problem-solving games, supportive curricular and instructional activities, and assessment tools for students in grades K-7. By using specially designed games and activities that differentiate instruction, ALL students of varying abilities and learning styles are motivated to enjoy math and spend more time learning this subject matter. To learn more about Math Pentathlon, please visit the national site at: www.mathpentath.org.
The Clayton MP teams meet Tuesdays after school from 2:57 - 3:57 pm on the Clayton campus.
After the teams are assigned, we will let you know if your child is part of the team and where they will practice. Registration does not guarantee a spot on the MP team. Students that participated in the previous year tournament will have priority then the team will be open to additional students. You will be contacted by September 24th, 2016.
In order to be a member of the club, the following requirements MUST be met:
- Student must attend as many practices as possible.
- Participants must abide by the contracts outlined below.
In addition, a qualified adult volunteer must:
1. Commit to volunteering a MINIMUM of 4 practices per session (Session I: October - December, Session II: February - April), per child enrolled.
2. MUST learn and be able to monitor 3 of the 5 games. (They will monitor these games at the tournament.)
3. Participant and a qualified adult volunteer MUST attend the tournament in the spring.
* Please do not reserve a spot on the team if you cannot commit to tournament. Last year we had several children turned away due to space limitations.
Spring tournament dates are:
Division I (K-1): April 1st, 2017
Division II (2-3): April 8th, 2017
Division III (4-5): April 29th, 2017
The registration fee is $150 per child. All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
The fees include one snack each week, tournament participation, one child t-shirt, one adult t-shirt and end-of-the-year party.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND PAYMENT PRIOR TO CONFIRMATION.
Upon acceptance to the team, you will receive an email with verification and information on submitting payment.
Please email us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to an amazing year!