CalASTA-LA Chamber Music Festivals February 9 and May 3, 2020 — Sign Up!
FEBRUARY 9: CHAPMAN UNIVERSITY — Salmon Recital Hall, Hall-Musco Conservatory of Music — Orange, California — a marathon in which listeners come and go — participants select preferred time (1-3 pm) (2-4 pm) (3-5 pm) (4-6 pm)
MAY 3: WESTMONT COLLEGE — Deane Chapel, Westmont College — Santa Barbara, California — 1-3 pm
To stimulate and encourage string players of all ages to enjoy chamber music with colleagues, exploring music of all styles.
• are limited to groups of 2 through 9 players
• may be any age and skill level
• may include students with students, teachers with teachers, and students with teachers, professionals with amateurs, and amateurs with amateurs....
• may be any group with at least one string player who is a member of ASTA-Los Angeles or “coached or sponsored” by an ASTA-Los Angeles member at the time of registration; each coach/sponsor is limited to enrolling 4 ensembles and must be present at the performance to assist with stage set-up, door monitoring, photography, handing out certificates and giving announcements
• may play in more than one group
• may warm-up in separate room 15 minutes prior to performance, alternating with others
• may invite audience; the program is free and open to the public
• your group may perform at BOTH recitals: simply pay the $30 fee twice!
• may be classical chamber music or popular music or alternative styles
• must be for equal parts; no solos with piano accompaniment; no concerti
• may include chamber music with piano (such as duet sonatas, trios, quartets, quintets)
• may not include “prepared piano” music
• is limited to 15 minutes maximum (including set-up time, photography, certificates)
• may include more than one piece
• DEADLINE FOR FEBRUARY 9 is January 31, 2020, online
• DEADLINE FOR MAY 3 is April 23, 2020, online
• fee is $30 per group, payable to “ASTA-LA Section,” either mailed or paid via email invoice by deadline
• applications are limited to the first 20 ensembles who apply
• acceptance, map and instructions (via email) provided by February 4 (for Feb. 9) or by April 28 (for May 2) or as received
• fees are not refundable after group is accepted
• release form for photography required. We perform in a relaxed setting and wish to allow all who want to photograph/video performers the freedom to do so.
PHOTOGRAPHIC AND PUBLICITY RELEASE
We hereby give the Los Angeles Section of the California Chapter of the American String Teachers Association (CalASTA-LA) the absolute and irrevocable right and permission with respect to photographic, videos, motion pictures, and/or sound recordings being taken; (a) to use, reuse, publish and republish in whole or in part and (b) to use our names.
All performers listed on the following application agree
to release all photographic and publicity restrictions
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service