How Can SEPAGs Use Technology to Strengthen Family Engagement?
The increased use of technology by families in their everyday lives creates a new opportunity for Special Education Parent Advisory Groups (SEPAGs) to use a variety of digital tools to outreach to, gather input from, and engage with more families of children receiving special education and related services. Effective use of technology can strengthen family engagement in special education as well as SEPAG’s impact.
Please answer the five questions below to share digital tools and resources your SEPAG uses. Provide a link to your SEPAG’s tools if available.
1. What types of technology tools do you use to disseminate SEPAG agenda and meeting minutes? For example, website, SEPAG email, Google Docs, etc.
2. What virtual conferencing tools do you use to encourage parent participation on a SEPAG? For example, Zoom, WebEx, Google Chat, etc.
3. What social media platforms and/or technology tools do you use to engage families on a SEPAG? For example, Facebook, Remind101, WhatsApp, etc.
4. What types of social media platforms and/or technology tools do you use to gather input from families of children identified for special education and related services? For example, Google survey/form, Facebook survey, etc.
5. What types of technology tools do you use for running productive SEPAG meetings and events? For example, Google calendar, Remind101, etc.
Please share other technology tools that may be useful for SEPAGs.
What is the name of your SEPAG?
What is your group's website?
What is your group's email address?
What is your group's Facebook page?
What is your group's Twitter handle?
Thank you for your participation!
~ The START-EPSD Project Team
Phone: (973) 642-8100 x123
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Statewide Parent Advocacy Network.