1. Do not have a catering company2. Have not participated in a KCBS competition 3. You love BBQing at family events and gatherings and want to test your skills at a friendly competition
COMPLETE THIS FORM AND THEN IMMEDIATELY COMPLETE PAYMENT USING THE FOLLOWING EVENTBRITE LINK TO ENSURE YOUR TEAM IS REGISTERED:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bbq-in-the-glen-amateur-bbq-team-entry-tickets-37231443249
YOU WILL NOT BE SIGNED UP FOR THE EVENT IF YOU ONLY COMPLETE THIS FORM.____________________________________________________________________________
This entry form is to compete as an amateur BBQ team in the "BBQ in the Glen BBQ Competition" . In this competition your team will compete in the following three meat categories: ribs, chicken and tri-tip.
Event Date: September 23rd, 2017Event Time: 6AM- 4:30PMEvent Address: Willow Glen Bank of America Parking Lot- 1245 Lincoln Avenue San Jose, CA 95125
BBQ Competition information (more details below):* Space is limited to the first 20 teams who register using this form and complete the Eventbrite payment form.
* Cost per team is $225.00––– Teams will provide their own: BBQ or smoker, seasoning, wood or charcoal, and cooking utensils.––– Willow Glen Business Association (WGBA) will provide: a 10'x10' serving tent, Department of Health Santa Clara temporary food permit, a hand washing station, gloves, paper towels, fire extinguisher, and all materials according to the Department of Health Santa Clara County.
* Meat––– All meat will be provided by the WGBA. This is the only meat that can be cooked and served at this event. NO OUTSIDE MEAT CAN BE BROUGHT IN.
1) Your team will be required to cook 3 competition meats; Ribs, Chicken, Tri-tip2) All entries must be cooked at the contest, (meat will be provided day of competition after WGBA inspection).3) Contestants will be provided a 10’ x 20’ space (contains 10' x10' serving canopy, tables, fire extinguisher, wash stations, igloo cooler for hot water, ADD MORE ADD MORE ADD MORE). All items must be contained within that space. All grills must be positioned outside the Canopy.4) Contest check-in will begin at 6:00AM Saturday, September 23rd. Cooking spots will be assigned as you arrive.5) Contestants must be set up in their spots by 7AM. No Exceptions!6) Head Cooks meeting will be held at the judging table at 8AM. One member from each team is required to attend.7) All BBQ stations will be inspected by a contest coordinator (WGBA) prior to the beginning of the contest. Once inspected you may start cooking. Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health (DEH) inspectors will also be doing inspections throughout the day. Estimated cooking start time ~7:45AM.8) Teams are responsible for clean-up of their site after the contest. Ash barrels & gray water disposable will be available on site.9) Meat to be cooked by any means using charcoal, wood product, propane or bbqers that are battery operated. 10)
Serving to the public:--- Aluminum food trays will be provided for holding cooked meat to be served to the public.--- Paper serving trays will be provided for individual serving to the public Judging:--- Styrofoam clam shells will be provided for your bbq to be judged. Each container shall contain no less than 6 individual identified barbequed products:
--- More on judging found here: https://www.kcbs.us/downloads/rules_kosher_2017_0.pdf
--- DO NOT mark the paper serving trays with your team name or any other identifying marks.
11) Turn in for judging can be 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after the official turn-in time. Turn in times are as follows:
Judging will happen immediately on turn in.
12:00 pm // Chicken | All teams must turn in their chicken for judging12:30 pm // Tri-tip | All teams must turn in their tri-tip for judging1:00 pm // Ribs | All teams must turn in their ribs for judging
Samples will be blind judged on appearance, taste/flavor.
12) Judging will be made up of certified KCBS Certified Barbeque Judge and local VIPs
Grand Champion Award - Trophy (Voted by scoring from Judges)Reserve Champion Award -Trophy (Voted by scoring from Judges)
People's Choice Award (as voted on by attendees)* particulars to follow
Awards will be given for each meat category:
1st Place // Trophy2nd Place // Trophy 3rd Place // Trophy4th Place // Medal5th Place // Medal
COMPLETE THIS FORM AND THEN IMMEDIATELY COMPLETE PAYMENT USING THE EVENTBRITE LINK ABOVE. YOU WILL NOT BE SIGNED UP FOR THE EVENT IF YOU ONLY COMPLETE THIS FORM.