Chartiers-Houston Community Library's Summer Reading 2020 "Imagine Your Story"
Join us for a summer reading adventure! If you've ever wondered, "is a mermaid a mammal or a fish?" or thought about how cool it would be to make your very own storm, we've got six weeks of summer fun in store for you!
Week 1: Magical Creatures and Cryptids
Dragons, unicorns, Bigfoot, and more!
Week 2: Knights of the Round Table
Feats of daring and bravery, far off places and heroism!
Week 3: Magic's Cool, Magic School
Wizard schools, potion making, and magic tricks!
Week 4: Timeless Tales
Fairy tales get a new twist and family stories become classics!
Week 5: Legends and Tall Tales
From lassoing a tornado to drawing cats who can come to life, no tale is too tall!
Week 6: Super and Real Life Heroes
From Spiderman to your local EMTs, all the favorite heroes are here!
How does this work?
We'll have six weeks or sections where you can do activities to earn badges! The badges will enter you to win prizes at the end of the summer. The more badges you earn, the more chances you have to win prizes! Prizes can include Lego sets, e-gift cards, Fetch plushie toys, and more!
Fetch Plushie toy posing with R2D2 last year
Do I have to do this all online?
Nope! We can do a paper version for you if you like, just let us know when you fill out this form.
How do I earn badges?
Complete 5 of the 8 activities in each week or section to earn a badge!
What are the activities?
Each week the activities will be:
1) Read a fictional (made up) book that has to do with each week's theme (we'll recommend some you can access either through the library's e-book platforms or via curbside pickup from the library!)
2) Read a non-fiction (true) book that has to do with each week's theme (we'll recommend some you can access either through the library's e-book platforms or via curbside pickup from the library!)
3) Come to a storytime or other online program through the library
4) Complete a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) challenge we'll post for that week (we'll include modifications for all ages and challenge levels)
5) Complete a physical challenge we'll post for that week (we'll include modifications for all ages and challenge levels)
6) Complete a creative challenge we'll post for that week (we'll include modifications for all ages and challenge levels)
7) Complete a random act of kindness for someone (it can be simple, like cleaning up or helping to set the table without being asked)
8) Stay connected by calling a friend or family member on the phone, or writing an email or snail mail letter to a friend or family member you haven't seen in a while. (If you need help finding a pen pal, sign up for our Fetch a Pal's Program at this link
REMEMBER! You don't have to do ALL of these activities each week, just at least 5 of them to earn the badge. You can, if you like, sub out reading another book for 1 other activity each week. You don't have to earn ALL of the badges, or even do them in order of when we do them, but each badge you earn does give you one more opportunity to win some of our bigger prizes (like our previously mentioned Fetch Plushie toy or a Lego set).
Sound pretty good? Click the "next" button below to get started!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service