2. All students must wear appropriate swim wear (one piece swimming costume) that is designed for swimming purposes only. Rash vests that are designed for sun protection and board shorts are not recommended for swimming lessons as they create drag and slow the swimmer down.
3. Attendance is recorded each week. The Swim School Office must be advised if your child is unable to attend. Notification allows a child waiting for a make- up lesson to use the vacancy created by an absence. Make up lessons will only be given if a Doctor’s certificate is produced. All make up lessons are subject to availability. Make-up lessons will not be carried over to the next term.
4. Qualified instructors monitor the progress of all students. Students will only be promoted to the next level when the student has met all the necessary criteria.
5. Payment of lessons must be made immediately at the time of enrolment. Current students are required to re-enrol before the last date of the current term to secure their position.
6. If a child’s booking is changed more than twice in a term, an additional $10.00 administration fee may be charged.
7. Children are not allowed on the outside court unless they are part of an authorised group.
8. An adult must accompany all Danebank students in Year 4 or below to the Aquatic Centre.
9. If your child has a lesson straight after school and you are a working parent or a parent who picks up siblings from other schools a staff member is available to escort her to the Aquatic Centre. Please advise Aquatic Centre Staff to add your child’s name to the list and complete a permission note.
10. Casual student pick ups are not available for students requiring one-off escorts from the school to the Aquatic Centre.
11. Children must not be left unattended in or around the pool building whilst not swimming. Parents or guardians must collect children immediately after their lesson has finished. If a parent is unable to collect a child after lessons, a staff member will escort the child to after school care. This should be arranged in advance with OSHC on 8567-1586.
12. All students, including seniors, must remain inside the Aquatic Centre grounds whilst waiting for parents. Students must not sit on walls or obstruct pathways at any time. Students must not leave the centre wearing only swim wear.
13. Boys over 5 years of age are not permitted into the female change rooms. Males are to use the Male Change-room or the Disabled Change-room.
14. Girls over 5 years of age are not permitted into the Male change rooms. Females are to use the Female Change-rooms or the Disabled Change-room.
15. Under no circumstances are students permitted to change on pool-deck. Please use Change-rooms provided.
16. Showers are limited to five minutes.
17. If a child appears ill during his or her lesson, he or she will be removed from the water. A make-up lesson can be arranged.
18. Discontinuation of lessons must be advised immediately. If no advice is received, it will be assumed lessons continue and charges will be on the term account.
19. If a child does not attend a majority of lessons without explanation he/she will NOT be automatically enrolled for the following term. A position will only be offered subject to vacancies. 20. Photography is not permitted inside the Aquatic Centre without approval from the School Principal.