PicasaGeeks Quiz 1: Picasa and Your Picture Files
Picasa is a great tool for working with your pictures, but if you don't understand the foundation of how it works with your files, it can be a mess. Answering these questions will tell you whether you understand this foundation. If you understand this foundation, you should get at least 7 of the following questions correct.
We have many articles on this subject at
under the category of 'Organizing.' You will find a link to the answers after you submit your quiz responses.
1. What would happen to your pictures if you uninstalled Picasa?
a. They would be gone from your computer, but copies would be on the Picasa website
c. They would all be deleted along with the Picasa software.
d. They would all be on your computer in a folder named Picasa.
2. Picasa's 'Library' can display pictures from what location(s)?
a. Only from the My Pictures folder.
b. From any folder on your computer or attached drives.
c. From the Picasa website
d. Only from the Picasa folder
3. What Picasa command is used to designate the folders of pictures to be displayed?
a. Tools -> Folder Manager
b. There is no command to designate the folders of pictures to be displayed in Picasa.
4. When you open Picasa for the first time, it copies all your Pictures into a Picasa folder.
5. The purpose of Folder Manager is to:
a. Move Folders
b. Make new folders in Picasa
c. Tell Picasa which folders contain your pictures
d. Tell Picasa which folders to upload to Picasa Web Albums
6. If you delete pictures using Picasa ...
a. They are still on the Picasa website.
b. They have been moved from the Picasa folder to the My Pictures folder.
c. You have deleted them from your computer.
d. You've only deleted the Picasa copy, your original is still on your computer.
7. You see a folder full of pictures in Picasa's Library and you don't recognize them. They are coming from somewhere other than My Pictures on your computer and you don't want to see them in Picasa. What do you do?
a. Delete the folder of pictures from your computer
b. Put the pictures in an Album instead of a Folder
c. Move the folder of pictures to an external hard drive
d. Use Folder Manager to remove the folder from Picasa
8. Using Picasa's Backup command:
a. Should be done every day.
b. Makes copies of your pictures onto your computer.
c. Makes copies of your pictures onto an external disk or storage device.
d. Isn't necessary because your pictures are backed up automatically to the Picasa website.
9. You don't like how Picasa displays your folders in a single 'Flat' list. How can you see the folders as you made them - with folders inside of other folders?
a. Click the button at the top for 'Tree View' or View->Folder View->Tree View
b. You can't. Picasa is in control of your folders.
c. Tools->Configure Folders
d. Folder->Sort by->Parent Folder
10. To make a New Folder using Picasa, do the following:
a. Tools->Make New Folder
b. You can't. This must be done with Windows Explorer or Macintosh Finder
c. Right-click the Folders collection and choose Create Blank Folder
d. Right click on a Picture and choose Move to New Folder
Your Geeks on Tour UserName
Optional: If you choose to join the discussion on our forum, then providing your username here will let us know which Quiz Answers are yours.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service