Health & BioScience Academy (HBSA) Application 2020-2021
Complete this form BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2020 to be considered for acceptance into HBSA for the 2020-2021 school year.
1. Junior or Senior standing for the 2020-2021 school year
2. Students must be 16 years old by 11/1/2020 to be considered for entry into HBSA
3. Less than 10 absences in previous school year
4. B or better average in sciences
5. Completed Application with interview as needed
Suggested prerequisite coursework: AP Biology, Human Body in Health & Disease, Sports Medicine, Chemistry, and/or Physics.
1. Maintain a 75% average in Human Anatomy & Physiology Honors I & II (SC421H, SC422H)
2. Maintain an 80% average in Advanced Health Care & BioSciences Honors (FC471H, FC472H) and in Nursing Assistant Internship Honors (FC461H, FC462H)
3. Maintain good attendance standing as outlined by school attendance code in all courses under the
1. Current Physical Examination and up-to-date immunizations including Influenza vaccination and Tuberculosis screening
2. History of upholding Danbury High School Discipline Code and history of good citizenship. No prior history of illegal drug use or criminal convictions.
3. Professionalism Agreement
4. Uniform and dress code
The Health & BioScience Academy is for any upcoming Junior or Senior student interested in learning more about the healthcare field.
What do former HBSA students have to say about The Health & BioScience Academy?
I acknowledge the prerequisites and corequisites listed above. If accepted into the Health & BioScience Academy, I will adhere to the Academy requirements listed above.
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Danbury Public Schools.