Dal/NBCC/UNBSJ Health Students for Healthcare Providers - student sign up (NB)
Between March 23 and May 1, while public schools are closed, we are offering free childcare, pickups/dropoffs of items, errands etc. to healthcare and hospital workers in our communities. These costs are not something that could have been planned or budgeted for, and many have been left scrambling to find assistance.
Sign-up below with contact information, where you're located, and services you feel comfortable providing. Once this has been completed, we will work to the best of our ability to match you with a family.
Our current policy by consensus is:
1) Students who have recently traveled/ been in close contact with travellers or are otherwise at high risk of contracting COVID-19 should refrain from volunteering.
2) Each student only volunteers with one family to minimize risk of spread.
3) Students who volunteer with seniors should not volunteer in any other settings.
4) Only students with childcare experience should volunteer to provide childcare.
5) Students who are personally at-risk, or who carry risk of spreading infection to vulnerable/elderly people in their immediate circle, should not volunteer.
6) Students may transport items but not people as we are not covered by our personal car insurance.
We are open to other suggestions on how to maintain safety and social distancing.
Disclaimer: This is a student-run initiative that will be occurring off-campus and has no affiliation with the university. There may be changes based on student availability. Please ensure timely communication between students and providers, and respect each others' limitations during this difficult time.
For any questions/comments, please contact:
School, Program/Residency, Year (e.g. Dal-Med1, Dal-Pharm1, Dal-Psychiatry-PGY2)
What city/area in NB are you available to volunteer in?
What services are you able to volunteer for?
Childcare < 1 year old
Childcare 1-3 years old
Childcare > 5 years old
Pickups and drop offs of items (e.g. groceries, pharmacy, etc.)
Would you be comfortable
Working in the vicinity of pets
What times of the day are you available?
Please confirm you have not experienced or been in contact with someone experiencing flu like illness in the last three weeks, and have not personally travelled or been in contact with someone who had ANY travel history outside of Canada in the last three weeks.
I have not
Emergency Contact (Name, Relationship, Phone Number)
Do you have any suggestions or questions?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service