Sign-Up for Kids Web Tracking Study
This study is being done through the Princeton University Computer Science Department during the next two weeks. To participate in the study, you need to fill a 5-10 minute form and to participate in a focus session on campus (~1 hour).
A link to the study can be found here:
Note: Children focus/design sessions will start Saturday, 12/8, and end 12/14.
What is the study about?
- We want to learn about how children ages 7-11 think about the Internet and web trackers. By learning about children’s mental models, we are hoping to design a tool to teach them about web trackers in a contextual way.
What do I have to do to participate?
- We will ask you to fill a short (5-10 min) online survey.
- We will ask you and your child or children to take part in a focus group and sketching activity along with 1-2 other children.
What do I get out of it?
- You will be compensated with a $50 Amazon gift card for your time.
- With your help, we will use the information to develop more effective ways to teach kids about web trackers.
All participation is voluntary and may be stopped at any time.
We will let you know if you are selected for the process within 3-4 business days or sooner. Thank you for your time.
Please contact Theodor Marcu (
) if you have any questions!
1. What is your first and last name?
2. What is your email address?
This will be used to arrange a time for scheduling. Your email will not be shared with anybody outside of the study.
3. Are you above the age of 18?
You must be 18 or older to participate in this study.
4. Do you have children who are in elementary or primary school?
The children that participate in this study have to be in elementary / middle school, between the ages of 7 and 11.
5. Would you be willing to participate in this study with at least one of your children?
You can participate with more than one child, as long as they are in elementary / middle school, and are between 7-11 years old.
6. How old are the children who will participate in this study?
If you would like to include more than one of your children in the study, please type your responses for the children in this box, separated by a comma. Use the format <Name, Age> e.g. Theodor, 11
7. Do your children use the Internet or Internet-enabled devices (tablets, desktop, phones, etc.)
8. Do you have any days or times that you prefer? If yes, include them below. We will do our best to accommodate them.
Please include ranges: e.g. Saturday between 10:00-11:00AM or after 2:00PM. Monday after 6:00PM, etc.
9. Do you have any questions or suggestions for us?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Princeton University Google Apps.