Understanding Public Opinion
Use the textbook pages 181-188, and your own ideas to answer the following series of questions.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Name (Last, First)
1. Use your textbook to define public opinion.
2. What is a public opinion poll and how are they helpful to governments?
3. Still using your textbook come up with explanations for three factors that influence public opinion.
4. Read the article by Gallup titled “Vietnam versus Iraq: A Comparison of Public Opinion” and describe three similarities in how Public Opinion effected government policy in the two wars.
5. Design a survey that could be used to conduct a public opinion poll within the school. Make your survey related to an issue that most students would have strong opinions about related to the current national political environment.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service