Space Court Foundation Intern Application
Thank you for your interest in the Space Court Foundation (SCF). SCF is a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit corporation that promotes and supports space law and policy education and the rule of law. SCF produces educational materials and scholarship through the administration of two major projects: Stellar Decisis and the Space Court Law Library Projects. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects depending on your experience and education level along side leading experts in space law and policy.
Our internship program is designed for you to make meaningful contributions to the study and research of space law. You do not need to be a law student to apply and all nationalities are welcome, though a strong proficiency in English is required. Internships are accepted on a rolling basis and with a flexible duration. Research could be for credit provided we have an agreement with your academic institution.
Individuals with strong computer programming, website design, and foreign language skills are strongly encouraged to apply. Familiarity with Google products including GSuite are preferable.
Projects you can contribute to:
Space Court Law Library: an open-source reference for primary law sources
* The International Yearbook of Space Activities - Engage in the research and analysis of primary source materials including the identification of national space laws and regulations, statements of foreign ministers and government officials relating to space activities and the legalities thereof, general principles of law, and custom
* Space Court Law Library website - Work on developing and helping to execute a unique research platform for primary source space law materials
* The Space Law Dictionary Online -Work on and update an online version of a space law dictionary of legal terms
* Space law archive projects - Work on developing and helping to execute archive projects relating to the catalog and preservation of primary and secondary source materials
Areas of study:
* Public and private international law
* Public and private international space law
* Comparative law
* General principles of law
* National space laws
What we need from you:
-One complete writing sample (class paper, published article, etc)
-Instructor recommendation (have instructor email directly to
with subject line "[Last Name, First Name] - SCF Internship Recommendation"
-Complete the following survey
Please label the writing sample as [YOUR NAME WRITING SAMPLE] and label your cv/resume as [YOUR NAME CV/RESUME]. Send all documents, and any questions related to the program, directly to:
Best of luck,
The Space Court Foundation
Please list your preferred contact email.
What date can you start?
How many hours a month can you commit to volunteer?
Do you intend to use this internship to earn school credit?
Your Affiliation/Organization Point of Contact
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The Space Court Foundation, Inc..