2. The maximum amount will be $400.
3. Awards will be given in both a junior (grades 5-8) and senior (grades 9-12) division.
4. Completed applications must be emailed or postmarked no later than November 22, 2017. Missing information will disqualify your application so please read the application carefully and refer to the checklist near the end of the application!
2. Student must show a strong involvement in the study of music.
3. Student must demonstrate financial need.
4. Student must reside in one of the counties served by MEAP, Inc.:
Oregon: Counties of Clatsop, Columbia, Tillamook, Washington, Yamhill, Polk, Multnomah, Clackamas, Marion, Lincoln, Linn, Hood River, Wasco, Sherman, Gilliam, Wheeler, Morrow, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, Grant, and Baker.
Washington: Counties of Wahkiakum, Cowlitz, Clark, Skamania, and Klickitat. All of Lewis County as well as the area starting from a point of intersection of Grays Harbor, Thurston and Lewis Counties, and proceeding north along the county line to the Black River, along the river to the town of Mima, due east to the new Highway No. 99, then follow the old highway south to the Lewis County line. Also, the area in Pacific County west of Highway 103 which includes Ocean Park, Long Beach, Ilwaco, Chinook, and Megler, and the incorporated city limits of all towns and villages along said highway.
Email the application materials (#2-5) below to email@example.com. Be sure to include the words “STUDY GRANT APP” in the subject line followed by the student’s name. Attach all supporting documents and any music files.
2. Provide a personal letter describing your involvement in music - the importance of music in your life, drawing upon past experiences, present influences, and your goals and plans for the future. Be sure to express your financial needs: Specifically, what would a study grant make possible for you?
3. Provide a short letter of recommendation from your school music teacher, and if you have one, your private music teacher.
4. Provide a short letter from a parent or guardian describing your family’s financial need. Include a statement of your total yearly household income or proof of free or reduced school lunch. If you are living independently, you should include your description of financial need in your personal letter (see above, #1).
5. Provide a 2-5 minute audio or video recording that is representative of your ability. (Accompaniment is optional).