Phineas L. MacGuire Erupts Book Quiz
We ask the first three questions to include high-scoring quiz-takers in the Book Quiz Hall of Fame
Adults are welcome to take quizzes, but their scores are not included in the Hall of Fame
City and State/Province
If you are outside North America, please enter your city and country
1) Mac’s favorite subject is . . .
2) Ben turns out to be excellent at . . .
3) Why does Mac re-introduce Ben to their classmates?
He wants them to give Ben a second chance
He wants to be the one to announce Ben’s real name
Mrs. Tuttle insists that they do it
Aretha dares him to, and Mac doesn’t back down from a challenge
4) Most of the time, Mac’s mother is . . .
5) Which of the following is a way Mac can tell Ben is a nice person?
Ben draws a picture of Mac with his mother
Ben never criticizes Mac’s worn-out dinosaurs
Ben doesn’t tell anyone else about Mac’s family secret
Ben dedicates his running trophy to his little sister
6) Which does NOT describe Aretha?
7) Ben’s father . . .
Thinks art is just for girls
Argues with Mrs. Tuttle
Encourages Mac to be Ben’s friend
Judges the science fair
8) How does Ben explain his behavior when he first comes to school?
He says he felt incredibly shy
He says he knows he was obnoxious, but couldn’t make himself stop
He says his father told him to act tough, no matter what
He doesn’t explain it; Mac has to figure it out
9) Why does Mac read the science magazine, even if he doesn’t understand all of it?
He wants to impress Aretha
His mother thinks it’s a good idea
Mrs. Tuttle encourages him to keep trying
It interests him, so he wants to learn as much as he can
10) Which of the following is the most important message in this book?
You don’t need money to be worthwhile
If your dream is big enough, you can do anything
Take time to know people before you judge them
Purple is Mac’s least favorite color
Please enter any other book quizzes you have taken on this site, to be sure we count all your points for the Hall of Fame.
If this is your first book quiz, enter "none"
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service