NPCO Volunteer Contact Information
*** Under Construction ***
Nā Pali Coast ʻ Ohana (NPCO) is a grassroots non-profit foundation dedicated to the preservation of the natural, cultural, historical, archaeological, and environmental resources and its stewardship of Nu`alolo Kai, Kalalau and Miloli’i in the Nāpali Coast State Wilderness Park, Kauaʻi, Hawaiʻi.
NPCO recognizes the importance of volunteers in the success of these efforts. We want to ensure a safe, fun and positive work environment for the volunteers and in doing so, it is important that each individual understand the NPCO’s policies and expectations for volunteer service.
- You will be afforded a chance to work alongside a team of resource managers and specialists.
- Gain hands-on experience that will help you better understand Hawai‘i’s natural and cultural resource needs and challenges.
- You will have an opportunity to learn about the history and culture of a unique place Hawaiians consider very sacred
NPCO agrees to the following:
- Offer a volunteer orientation and on-the-job training including safety briefings and proper use of equipment.
- Assign a team leader to the volunteer group for guidance and consultation.
- Regularly evaluate and encourage volunteer performance.
As a NPCO volunteer I agree to:
- Abide by the rules and policies of DLNR, NPCO, and all applicable Federal, State, and County laws.
- Abide by all dress codes and supply/gear requirements as applicable.
- Perform service work as needed at my assigned placement site.
- Report to the designated meeting location(s) on time, if applicable.
- Refrain from possessing or consuming alcohol.
- Provide timely notification of inability to participate in the volunteer program.
- Keep survey/monitoring sheets or activity logs where requested.
- Return all administrative paperwork by required deadlines.
- Treat all volunteers, NPCO Leaders, members, contract personnel, and others with whom we work, with respect.
- Act safely and responsibly and not abuse the position of NPCO volunteer.
Release of Liability
I have requested the NĀ PALI COAST `OHANA (NPCO) to allow me, or my child (to hereinafter include ward), to enter the NĀPALI COAST (NPC). I agree and acknowledge that my or my child’s SAFETY IS at risk of possible injury or death and that I accept full RESPONSIBILITY. I further acknowledge that my child or I have been instructed to follow all safety instructions both written and verbal. I fully understand, and by my signature acknowledge that:
(1) I understand that transportation to and from the NPC are by ocean going craft or helicopter.
(2) I understand that NO MEDICAL FACILITIES EXIST in the Nāpali. In the event of a serious or life threatening injury, I understand that a medivac helicopter will be contacted to transport me or my child to an emergency care facility, subject to the availability of the medivac helicopter. I further understand that weather conditions or darkness may prohibit, prevent or extend the time of rescue operations.
(3) I understand that I may be using hand held tools or power tools. I have agreed to use these tools on my own accord.
(4) I understand that due to the geological area of NPC that landslides, rock falls, tsunami, flash flooding and other natural events can occur.
(5) I understand that recreational swimming may take place at the beach areas in the NPC; that certified lifeguards are not present; and that swimming is at the swimmer’s risk. I further understand the risks presented by the currents, surf, and shoreline conditions; and that sharks or other natural dangers may be present.
I understand the above activities or situations, COULD CAUSE INJURY OR DEATH or property damage to me or my child.
I voluntarily ASSUME THE RISK OF INJURY OR LOSS, for myself or my child and for myself or my child’s property created by any conditions indicated in paragraphs (1) through (5) above or any unforeseeable conditions. With full knowledge of the hazards, I RELEASE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS NPCO and its’ officers, volunteers and the State of Hawai‘i and their officers, agents, and employees, for death or injury to me or my child or for damage to my or my child’s property resulting from the hazardous conditions previously listed, or any unforeseeable conditions. In consideration of the access which I have requested, I, for myself, my heirs, beneficiaries, executors, and administrators; and for my child’s heirs, beneficiaries, executors, and administrators, REMISE, RELEASE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE NPCO and its’ officers, volunteers and the State of Hawai‘i, and their officers, agents and employees, acting in their official capacity with due diligence, from any and all claim(s), demand(s), or cause(s) of action on account of my or my child’s injury or death or on account of any damage to my or my child’s property which may occur from my or my child’s negligence, the hazardous conditions previously listed, or any unforeseeable conditions, during the access to the NPC or incident thereto.
I have read and fully understand the NPCO Release of Liability
I hereby grant NPCO my permission to photograph or videotape my or my child’s participation as a volunteer and to use those images in any education or outreach activity (i.e. brochures, videos, displays, social media postings, etc.)
Address: Number Street/City/State/ZIP
Text capable phone (include area code):
Student - Primary School
Student - Secondary School
Adult - under 30
Adult - 30 - 45
Adult - 45- 65
Adult - 65+
Doctor/Clinic and Contact information: (Phone)
Emergency Contact: (Name, Text Capable Phone, Relationship)
Allergies (Specific Foods, Bee, Centipede, Scorpion, Other):
Other Medical, Physical, Mental conditions that NPCO should be aware of in case of an accident while you are on Nāpali:
I can swim
I can do a moderate hike
I can carry 50 pounds (23 kg)
Volunteer skill set:
Training, Certifications (CPR, First Aid, Wilderness First Aid, Water Rescue, other)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service