OSNOTTS 2020 Artists Registration Form
PLEASE COMPLETE & SUBMIT THE FORM, EMAIL YOUR IMAGE(S), AND PAY THE FEE - BY 15 JAN 2020
All registering artists should complete sections 1a (ARTISTS DETAILS), 1b (EXHIBITIONS) and 3 (FEES). Only Lead artists should complete section 2 (VENUE DETAILS).
SECTION 1a - ARTISTS DETAILS
The following details and image will be used on the OSNotts website and potentially in other OSNotts promotional material. By supplying this information you are agreeing to its use for these purposes.
Please indicate if you are a 'lead artist' or a 'guest artist'
A 'lead artist' is one who is opening their own studio OR is the main contact of a group of artists opening a temporary venue. A 'guest artist' is one invited to be at another artists studio or is a member of a group at a temporary venue.
If you are a 'guest artist', name the lead artist that is hosting you or leading your group
Please also give the name of any group or studio trail (if any) that you represent or are part of (eg 'Gedling Artists', 'Cotgrave Creatives', 'Artempo', 'Upton Studios', 'Hidden Valleys Art Trail', etc):
eg Oil Painting, Sculpture, Jewellery, Textiles, Printmaking, etc
Please give a maximum 125-character summary (about 15 words) of your practice. EXAMPLES: “Contemporary studio glass, handmade in Nottingham, with signature style of vibrant colours and organic forms.” “Constructive textiles, experimenting with the tactile through colour, texture, appliqué and embroidery.”
Please specify here if you are you putting on any form of special activity on the days you are open (eg demonstrating pot throwing, woodcraft, etc)
Any other information about the artist?
SECTION 1b - LIBRARY EXHIBITIONS, Fri 24 April - Thu 4 June 2020
Would you be interested in being part of the Open Studios Notts Library Exhibitions?
INSPIRE: Culture, Learning & Libraries will be working with a professional photographer to capture images of Open Studios artists & craftspeople at work in their studios & work spaces. The resulting photographs, alongside event information, will form exhibitions in three Inspire Library Galleries during the 2020 Open Studios Notts event. PLEASE NOTE: Due to limited space, artists expressing interest in this opportunity will go through a selection process.
TO EXPRESS INTEREST please complete the sections below and send us AN IMAGE - one high res jpeg of your work space. NOTE - this image will be used for selection purposes - it won't be used in the exhibition. Successful applicants will be notified by 21 Jan 2020 and the final jpegs taken for the exhibition will be available to use for future purposes by those artists as well as by OSNotts.
I would be interested in being photographed for the exhibitions:
If you have ticked 'Yes', and if different from your event venue address (to be given below), please also give your studio/workspace address:
'MEET THE ARTIST' OPPORTUNITIES
Artists and craftspeople will also have an opportunity to be part of a ‘Meet the Artist’ programme and demonstration sessions within the gallery spaces during the exhibitions.
Would you be interested in being part of the library-based 'Meet the Artist' sessions?
SECTION 2 - STUDIO/VENUE
Please only complete this section if you are a LEAD ARTIST (ie opening your studio or leading a group event).
Weekends you will be open?
Artists are strongly urged to collaborate in creating studio trails and it is suggested that you contact other artists to agree suitable dates. The general experience has also been that opening for a single weekend (or two at most) works best.
8-10 May (BH)
23-25 May (BH)
If you wish to open only on specific days within these weekends, please specify here.
Times you will be open?
10am to 5pm is suggested
Will there be any refreshments available, either at your studio or by arrangement with nearby venue (cafes, etc)? - Please specify:
ANY OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE VENUE?
Please could you also indicate if your studio has wheelchair access by ticking the appropriate entry below:
Full wheelchair access - This means that there is a parking space at least 3.6 m wide, doors at least 0.75 m wide and a level entrance to the studio (with no steps or thresholds greater than 20 mm high).
Partial wheelchair access – Parking is limited but doors are at least 0.75 m wide and there is a level entrance to the studio (with no steps or thresholds greater than 20 mm high). Visitors should phone ahead to confirm access arrangements.
No wheelchair access. This means the studio is not accessible to wheelchair users. Visitors should phone ahead to discuss access possibilities.
If you have any specific comments on disability/wheelchair access at your studio, please state here:
SECTION 3 - FEES, IMAGES AND SUBMISSION
All artists to complete this section.
A registration fee of £35 is due from all participating artists by 15 Jan 2020. Please pay by direct transfer to the following:
• Account Name: OPEN STUDIOS NOTTS
• Account No: 00989447
• Sort Code: 30-95-88
• Bank: TSB, Castlegate Newark
• Ref: please give in form, OSN20-<surname>
In addition, when the payment is made, please email confirmation of that payment to
and copy to your area contact (see below).
PLEASE NOTE: It may be possible to accept late applications - but an additional fee of £10 will be due from those artists.
1. REQUIRED - Please send an image of an example of your work.
2. OPTIONAL - please also send, if possible, a view of your studio that you are happy for us to use on social media (essential if you have said yes to the library exhibition opportunity).
• Format - as a jpeg, at least 1000 PIXELS to shortest side.
• PLEASE SEND YOUR IMAGE(S) AS AN EMAIL ATTACHMENT TO:
• IMAGES MUST BE OF THE ARTISTS OWN WORK and you must have copyright of the image & the artwork in it and you must acknowledge that your submission of the image here will give OSNotts permission to reproduce the images in its printed publicity material and to use it (in reduced form) in its online presence (ie website & social media) in promoting the events.
• If you have taken part in previous years, please send us a NEW image - it helps to keep it all looking fresh!
• We want to be sure your image is reproduced the RIGHT WAY UP! Particularly with abstract work, please include a note confirming this (eg with a reduced version of the image and an arrow on it).
• Please bear in mind that the brochure has limited space and is designed to promote events in what we hope is an attractive way to potential visitors and is not intended as a catalogue of artwork - so that MOST IMAGES WILL BE CROPPED in some way in the design process. Submitting images of your artwork in a 1x1 or 1x2 or 2x1 ratio may reduce the need for cropping - if you are particularly concerned about this please include a note with the image.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) PLEASE ENSURE that the information provided is accurate and as requested - co-ordination of this initiative is an entirely voluntary exercise, so that we are seeking to be as efficient as possible in collating the information.
2) ‘Open Studios Notts’ is simply an umbrella ‘brand’ set up by a steering committee made up of volunteers to provide publicity for events run by artists and makers in the county – those EVENTS & ANY LIABILITY REMAIN ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ARTISTS/MAKERS running them.
3) For events to succeed, artists/makers MUST OPEN AT DATES AND TIMES STATED by them on this form. Failure to do so will preclude artists from taking part in future events under the Open Studios Notts banner.
4) Central PUBLICITY through web and print media can only provide a broad promotion of the events taking place. For individual events/artists, success in getting visitors depends as much on the actions you take to attract those visitors - and it is strongly suggested that you consider how you might further achieve this through your own advertising, leafleting, personal invitations, etc.
5) IMPORTANT - By dating and returning the completed form you confirm that you will open your studio at the dates and times you have stated above, that you are happy for the information provided to be used in publicity material for Open Studios Notts 2020, that you agree to OSNotts using your images in printed publicity material and online, that you agree to sharing your contact details with other participants of Open Studios Notts and that you agree to all the conditions stated here.
PLEASE DATE THE FORM
Please date the form to confirm you AGREE TO THE TERMS & CONDITIONS STATED ABOVE. [NOTE: Take care to enter date under 'DD', month under 'MM' and year under 'YYYY' - the order they come in may vary according to the device you are using!]
Here is a final checklist to encourage you to complete the submission fully - tick all that apply.
I have paid my fee
I will pay my fee shortly
I have submitted my image(s)
I will submit my image(s) shortly
I have dated this form ready for submitting
When you submit this form, you will receive an email confirmation with a copy of your completed form. This email will also include a link to go back and edit your form.
1. PLEASE FORWARD YOUR SUBMISSION EMAIL + IMAGE(S) & CONFIRMATION OF FEE PAYMENT to:
2. FINALLY - ONCE YOU HAVE SENT YOUR IMAGES & PAID THE FEE, PLEASE UPDATE THE FORM TO SAY SO.
Any queries please contact:
Michael Trueman, OSNotts co-ordinator, Nov 2019
High Farm, 20 Main Street, Upton, Newark, Notts NG23 5ST
t: 01636 812279
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service