Barron's Quiz 2021
1. What will the Dow Jones Industrial Average return in 2021, including dividends?
B. 0.1% to 10%
C. 10.1% to 20%
2. What will be the year’s biggest financial surprise?
A. The S&P 500 index gains another 15%.
B. Interest rates rise, and the 10-year Treasury ends at a yield of 1.75% or more (It’s now around 0.95%).
C. Oil prices rally, with crude finishing above $60 a barrel (West Texas intermediate crude now is around $45).
D. Electric-vehicle mania ends; Tesla stock falls at least 40%
E. None of the above
3. Which S&P 500 sector will fare best in 2021?
C. Health Care
4. Where will Bitcoin end? It's now around $23,000.
A. $10,000 or below
B. $10,001 to $20,000
C. $20,001 to $30,000
D. Above $30,000
5. Which FAANG stock will fare best in 2021?
6. Which hot 2020 IPO will fare worst in 2021?
B. Palantir Technologies
7. Which losing stock from 2020 will do best in 2021?
B. Exxon Mobil
8. What course will the pandemic take in the U.S.?
A. Vaccine rollout is an almost complete success, and life is close to normal by year end.
B. Vaccine rollout proves ineffective, and Covid-19 cases remain high (25,000 a day or more) at year end.
C. Moderate success of vaccine program: Covid-19 cases nationwide are still over 10,000 a day at year end, and mask-wearing is widely recommended.
9. What will happen in Washington, D.C.?
A. Corporate-tax increase gets enacted.
B. Income taxes are raised.
C. Student-loan forgiveness of $10,000 or more for every borrower is adopted.
D. Major climate-change legislation is passed.
E. None of the above
10. What will be the hottest IPO of 2021 (measured by performance from IPO price)?
A. Coinbase (Bitcoin dealer)
B. Instacart (supermarket shopping)
C. Bumble (online dating)
D. Robinhood (online broker)
E. Stripe (financial-tech leader)
F. None go public
11. Name the top stock in the Dow Jones Industrial Average in 2021 (including dividends). Worth two points.
12. Name the worst stock in the Dow Jones Industrial Average in 2021 (including dividends). Worth two points.
13. Which asset class will generate the best returns in 2021?
A. U.S. stocks (S&P 500 index)
C. U.S. bonds (AGG exchange-traded fund)
D. Commodities (DBC Commodity ETF)
14. Which company will agree to be taken over in 2021?
C. Peloton Interactive
D. Walgreens Boots Alliance
F. All will remain independent.
15. Which winning stock from 2020 will do best in 2021?
B. Zoom Video Communications
16. Which CEO will no longer be at the helm at the end of 2021?
A. Berkshire Hathaway’s Warren Buffett
B. BlackRock’s Larry Fink
C. Wells Fargo’s Charles Scharf
D. Intel’s Bob Swan
E. Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg
F. All will still be on the job.
17. Tiebreaker. At what level will the Dow Jones Industrial Average finish 2021? (It’s now around 30,000.)
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Dow Jones.